Grimm MU1 - demo impressions
Oct 16, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #46 of 49
Thanks so much. I'm close to pulling the trigger on this to use with my Mola Mola Tambaqui. I can't demo it first so I hope all the positive reviews are accurate!
Nice pairing!

Oct 16, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #47 of 49
The Tambaqui really really loves the Grimm MU1. 100% my favorite source of all time. It’s gonna be really hard to beat that pairing. Give it some time to truly appreciate the secret sauce of the Grimm. Will you be using the AES output?

Oct 16, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #48 of 49
The Tambaqui really really loves the Grimm MU1. 100% my favorite source of all time. It’s gonna be really hard to beat that pairing. Give it some time to truly appreciate the secret sauce of the Grimm. Will you be using the AES output?
Yes definitely using AES. Will initially use a non high end cable just to get going. Hopefully it won't make a big difference.

Oct 16, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #49 of 49
I can vouch for Audience frontRow cables. Black Cat cables are also good but hard to come by now. However, I was using a cheaper DH Labs which can be had for about a 100 bucks and was excellent. One might hear superficial differences between these cables but whatever change isn’t as massive as just the device addition.

I can also highly recommend trying cables from The Cable Company first to even see if they are worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back