Grilles!
May 20, 2006 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

seeberg

Headphoneus Supremus
A late delivery finally arrived at my house, and I've been waiting months for these. After having my original order passed over, then charged for some weird fee, then reordered again at a discount, then a related overdraft fiasco, they finally made it to my door. The HD600 Grilles.

Rumors had been going around that these were no longer in production. That statement may no longer be valid, or simply the pair I recieved is part of their last batch. Either way, they are here and I plan on listening for differences, if any, between the HD580 and HD600 grilles being used on my 'phones. At present, for all I know this is merely a cosmetic upgrade, but by next week I will update with some conclusions.

As you can see from the two pics above, my HD580's went from being a cheep looking, excellent sounding pair of headphones, to a classy looking, possibly even better sounding pair of headphones.

I do so love that metal look! Now, what should I do with my HD580 grilles? Hmmmm...

580smile.gif
Abe

May 20, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
IT looks REALLY similar to the HD600...

It should, sans the marbly-ness of the 600's, which I don't really go for. Now I wonder if I should upgrade my smiley sig to go with it?

600smile.gif
Abe

May 20, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 24
Just out of curiosity, where did you order from?

-Angler
600smile.gif

May 20, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 24
Yeah, I got the invoice for mine along with the tracking number earlier this week. Mine don't get here until Monday though. Strange since I'm in Oregon too. I also ordered the HD650 cable, maybe thats why...

May 20, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by angler31337
Just out of curiosity, where did you order from?

-Angler
600smile.gif

Sennheiser. Where else?
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
Yeah, I got the invoice for mine along with the tracking number earlier this week. Mine don't get here until Monday though. Strange since I'm in Oregon too. I also ordered the HD650 cable, maybe thats why...

Damn, how did you know I'm in Oregon? I thought I don't leave traces of my location since I'm a stealth masterer
wink.gif
Anywho, hope you enjoy the new gear for your 'phones. If anything, my next upgrade will be one of the upgrade cables available. The only thing is, should I go with Cardas, Zu, Equinox, Dragon (referring to Blue/Silver models for Sennheisers), or Headphile, and do I have to pay more than twice what I paid for my 'phones to get such an upgrade?
600smile.gif
Abe

May 20, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #7 of 24
I lurk around the Oregon meet threads and noticed you as a regular on them. One of these days I'll have to make it to one
biggrin.gif

I searched high and low for upgrade cable options and the only one I could find that cost less than the headphones themselves was the HD650 cable. There was the Oehlbach cable that was ~$50 but its no longer made.

I think with enough time, I'll get over the fact that I'm buying $200 cables for a $150 headphone and figure that if the HD580≈HD600 why not buy $200 cables for them. But only once they're the weakest link in the chain...

May 20, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
A late delivery finally arrived at my house, and I've been waiting months for these. After having my original order passed over, then charged for some weird fee, then reordered again at a discount, then a related overdraft fiasco, they finally made it to my door. The HD600 Grilles.

Rumors had been going around that these were no longer in production. That statement may no longer be valid, or simply the pair I recieved is part of their last batch. Either way, they are here and I plan on listening for differences, if any, between the HD580 and HD600 grilles being used on my 'phones. At present, for all I know this is merely a cosmetic upgrade, but by next week I will update with some conclusions.

As you can see from the two pics above, my HD580's went from being a cheep looking, excellent sounding pair of headphones, to a classy looking, possibly even better sounding pair of headphones.

I do so love that metal look! Now, what should I do with my HD580 grilles? Hmmmm...

580smile.gif
Abe

I want those. Where did you get those, if you don't mind me asking?

May 20, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kynetek
I want those. Where did you get those, if you don't mind me asking?

Okay dude. Before you posted, there were 8 posts in this thread, in which the same question was asked and answered. 8! Please learn to read.

May 20, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz
Okay dude. Before you posted, there were 8 posts in this thread, in which the same question was asked and answered. 8! Please learn to read.

I overlooked the answer when I read through the first time...calm down. I saw it was asked before but I didn't see an answer.

May 20, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz

Yeah... I think you might need to tone it down there. That's enough red bull for you.

-Angler
600smile.gif

May 20, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #14 of 24
I'm glad to see that you finally got a pair of those grils. I was begining to think that Senn was just leading you on a wild goose chase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back