Griffin Aircurve? "lol"
Sep 22, 2008 at 7:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Joriarty

New Head-Fier
Anyone else think this is come kind of cruel joke?

Griffin Technology: AirCurve

"AirCurve's waveguide has been engineered to deliver amazing amplification -- you'll swear there are full-sized speakers in there"

beyersmile.png

Sep 22, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #7 of 14
I saw something similar as a concept product by an art designer. iBud horns.

This one is a nice idea, i'd be interested to hear how good it is. Mono mind you.

Sep 22, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #8 of 14
For $20, even if it stinks, it's a very pretty iPhone stand, and if it makes the ring a tad louder when you're using it as an alarm clock or even when the phone rings and you're in another room, it can't be a bad thing.

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For $20, even if it stinks, it's a very pretty iPhone stand, and if it makes the ring a tad louder when you're using it as an alarm clock or even when the phone rings and you're in another room, it can't be a bad thing.

I just got mine in the mail today and have to agree with what is said here.

Good for phone ringing in the other room or alarm clock amp, but terrible for music.

Oct 29, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssoltero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got mine in the mail today and have to agree with what is said here.

Good for phone ringing in the other room or alarm clock amp, but terrible for music.

And is it as pretty in real life as in the pictures?

Oct 30, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw something similar as a concept product by an art designer. iBud horns.

This one is a nice idea, i'd be interested to hear how good it is. Mono mind you.

Science & Sons - Products

$875 CDN. Which art or not is a complete ripoff.

Ah, someone has got it! Even that ipod bud retro-style horn has 'fine print' basically saying that you need to blast the volume, expect your earbuds to die after any sort of prolonged use, and use an amp to up the volume even more, 'to get the best sound'. Oh, and only blues/jazz/classical please!

I once bought those griffin in-ear style funnel attachment for the old ibuds, and boy were they horrible. Fortunately, my brother loved them, so the $12 wasn't a total waste. Lesson of the day: Don't buy these 'passive' sound shaping devices, unless you have another use for them
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #12 of 14
seriously...thats the cheapest iPod accessory i can think of.

even if its a bad speaker..its an awesome looking stand for my desk.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #13 of 14
For $19.99 you can't go much wrong anyway.
Why not take on for the team?
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #14 of 14
looks pretty cool. Too bad it doesn't work that well. It would make a cute stand but I'm waiting for one of those stands that makes it look like a little mac desktop computer and it spins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back