Greatest video game accomplishments
Aug 17, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #92 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was trying Counter-Strike. My favorite weapon was machinegun, I just kept shooting until I was out of bullets. The problem was I would get killed before my bullets were out. So instead I started shooting before I saw the opponent, maybe it scared them a little. I got a few headshots also, but they gave excuses and said it was just luck, I'm good at spreading around the bullets all over the place.

Noob
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own with the para
biggrin.gif
. You just have to use it as a sniper. Headshots ensue, that's for certain. One of the best weapons in-game, some people just don't know why or how to use it.

and noober
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #93 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashnolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What DOTA character?

Sounds like Beastmaster.

Quote:

Beating Meagaman X1-3 and getting up to the final boss in X4 in one afternoon

I beat X1-X5 in one day! Just the other weekend, actually, with my Zero-obsessed girlfriend cheering me on!

Other achievements:

FFVI: Getting Celes to level 99 mid way through the game (as not to spoil it for those who haven't played, I'll say that it was just before the game changes dramatically).

FFVII: Getting Omnislash on the first disc.

FFVIII: Getting my starting party to level 100 just after getting a SEED rank.

Kingdom Hearts: Getting to level 20 before leaving the Island.

Super Smash Bros Melee: Competing favourably against the two best players in Canada (they were better than me, but I played very well).

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3: Getting the highest combo in the world (as far as I know).

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #94 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzmix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Super Smash Bros Melee: Competing favourably against the two best players in Canada (they were better than me, but I played very well).

Who are these people and where can I find them? I've been looking for some competition for quite some time now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzmix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3: Getting the highest combo in the world (as far as I know).

Roughly how much? I'm pretty good at 1-4 but a friend of mine claims the same thing, so I'm just curious
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #95 of 156
Tied for third best in the country in Doom2 on DWANGO back in the day. Was beaten by Thresh and missed a chance to go to Deathmatch95... he ended up winning. I was almost 14 at the time.

I played on DWANGO and then Kali for a while after that... played some Warcraft 2, Command and Conquer, Quake1 on Quakeworld (was ranked top 30 on there for a while) then pretty much stopped when I started college.

I still play the occasional online FPS... I can hold my own for someone who plays maybe 10 hours every few months, but I get clobbered by real players. I'd probably still hold my own at Doom2
smily_headphones1.gif

I maybe spend a few hours a week playing Wii now... not the 3-5 hours a day I was playing Doom2 back then. It takes serious effort to be competitive with the top players.

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #96 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blockman86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who are these people and where can I find them? I've been looking for some competition for quite some time now.

This was about two years ago, but they were from Edmonton. They placed 9th and 10th at a world tournament against the likes of Ken (if you know the Online Smash Community at all).

Quote:

Roughly how much? I'm pretty good at 1-4 but a friend of mine claims the same thing, so I'm just curious
biggrin.gif

Heh, again, a few years back. I *believe* that it was 70 Million, but I could be off by a few million.

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #97 of 156
- I scored 650,000 points in Geometry Wars on PC.
- I beat every game on Mario All Stars (Mario 1, Lost Levels, 2, 3, and World)

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #98 of 156
Being the best in my state at Soul Calibur 2, based on tournament placings. There's one guy better than me at Soul Calibur 3, so I can't make that claim for it.

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #99 of 156
Oooh! I just remembered my most amazing video game feat ever...

I finished a round of Geopuzzle in 28 seconds. (A game where you are given an outline of a state, and you have to orient and place it properly on a map of the US.) I was in fifth grade and set the school record.
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #100 of 156
@REDO good job. See you in playoffs lewl! Cheating in a video game tsk tsk tsk, but you guys are better anyway.

Aug 17, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #102 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashnolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Zerg rush and you would be done for. A LOT of people on bnet would do a Zerg rush so you would be done for.

What DOTA character?

Yeah, in a rush game or a Micro Spiral/Smallest Map Ever game, you're ****ing dead if you try the DT rush. I used the strategy on the really big [ack, don't remember the name of it] map with like unlimited stacked resources and the huge base with one chokepoint that is super easy to turtle with. Usually people don't expect it on those maps.

It was the Razorback, and it was the first version he came out in. 6.08 I think? I played him from 6.08 until like 6.12, then quit Warcraft.

I just pulled up his stats... Basically he had a ranged slowing spell, an AOE damage spell, a defensive spell, and his ultimate, the spell that made his attack a lot faster. Most people would play his defensive spell and AOE damage, and use his as a ****** hybrid support hero. I put like one point in slow, then pumped attribute bonus to give more life and damage, and got the ultimate. After attribute bonus was maxed (or if it wouldnt let me add points) i got the defensive thingy.

Aug 17, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #104 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I beat Resident Evil 1 with a knife. Only to find out, the magazine was holding a pre April Fools (it was March)...scary thing is, people in Japan did it all the time, it took me an entire 1.5 months, cause when teh april issue came out, I beat it a week prior, wondering What I did wrong.....when I found out it was an April Fools joke...I've never looked at Resident Evil the same...ever again. And to this day, is one of the reasons I don't play video games...

one of my friend was pretty good in this game.... did watch him playing with a knife as well.... he makes it look so easy...

Aug 17, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #105 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(...) followed by beating Nethack (...)

I'm impressed. Which version, btw?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back