Greatest Guitarist: Virtuosity & Creativity
Aug 10, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #122 of 153
For technical skills no one can touch Michael Angelo Batio, no one. As you can see from this video he is not human. Incredible

There are many guitarists that are just as good if not better than Michael Angelo he is a fine guitarist but he is not extremely original
He is a copy cat of other guitarists of the 80's to present.. He tries to pull of Yngwie licks and it just sounds stale

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #123 of 153
There are many guitarists that are just as good if not better than Michael Angelo he is a fine guitarist but he is not extremely original
He is a copy cat of other guitarists of the 80's to present.. He tries to pull of Yngwie licks and it just sounds stale

Yngwie is a great guitarist but to me MAB makes him sound dumb.

Sep 3, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #127 of 153
Sad to only see two mentions of this incredibly talented guy.

Sep 4, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #128 of 153
On frst listening to Randy Rhoads as a teenager, I couldn't stop listening to Mr Crowley for like a month. His solo in that song changed the way I appreciated music for the guitar. Yngvie had a similar impact, if only because he had that Baroque thing going on in his debut album. Yes, it gets old very quickly, but it paved the way for a bazillion copycats who wanted to sound exactly like him.

Sep 4, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #130 of 153
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UbhRib75jA
MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP [LIGHTS OUT] 1981

Lights Out          By UFO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih93DLXxCHM&feature=related

I still get chills from this and I heard it in 1981 first.

I can never stop playing the UFO live album Strangers in the Night, I think it has the best recording of  Michael Schenker playing this song!

Sep 4, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #132 of 153
John Mclauhghlin- Remember Shakti.

Now that is what i call versatile..

Sep 8, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #134 of 153
Another shout out for Prince, that man is simply incredible on any instrument.

Has anybody said Nick Drake/Nic Jones - both outstanding folk guitarists.

Jonny Greenwood, for producing genuine attack and tone that is Hendrix like in the way it punctuates Radiohead's more rock-heavy tracks.

Hendrix himself. It might be a cliche to pick him, but he was simply unparalelled. On record, Chas Chandler did an amazing job of focusing his sound, a bit like Mick Jones did for The Libertines in the noughties.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #135 of 153

Dont Forget [size=small]Skwisgaar[/size] Skwigelf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back