Great stereo bluetooth headphones?
Dec 29, 2011 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

TheKirk

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!

I'm new to this site, and I hope you'll be able to help me out here (Sorry if this is the wrong forum...?).

As the title says, I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones. I really, REALLY hate wires - more than I love great sound quality, so there you have it.
Previously I've owned a pair of Nokia BH-604 which I used for a couple of years. They were great! The sound quality was good enough for me, they were comfortable to wear and the battery lasted for ages, even after a couple of years use! 
I've lost them now, though, so I really need a new pair.
Back then I paid around $120-$130  for them, and this time my budget lies around ~$200-$250.

I use them with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 if that matters) to listen to music. Using them to make calls is not important.

Here's what I'm looking for:

- Bluetooth with A2DP
 - Over ear (You know, the same style as my old BH-604)
 - Decent sound quality (Equal to or better than BH-604)
 - Good battery life (I'm thinking around 15 hours or more)

I'd also really like if there is a 3.5mm jack cable included so I can use them when they're out of power as well. My old ones didn't have that, but this time I'll almost say it's a must.

I've been doing a bit of research myself, and it turns out that this is harder to find than I thought.. I've found something, though, and I'd like to hear your opinion on them if possible:

Philips SHB9001 - These are really cheap, and I love the design. So far my favourites within the price range, but I'm a bit afraid that it'll turn out they just suck?

Nokia BH-905i - Obviously a newer version of my old ones, so I'm sure they'll suite my needs perfectly. Only con is that they're a bit pricy (Almost twice as much as the Philips ones here in Denmark).

Sennheiser PX 360 BT - Looks great! But again, they're pretty expensive. But they are cheaper than the ones with microphone built in, and I like that I'm able to pay less if I don't need the microphone!

Sony DR-BT50- Are also a little expensive. They look great though.

Creative WP-300/350/450 - All of these are pretty cheap, and I've had good experiences with Creative. I'm not that fond of the design though - I think the earcups looks too small - they have to fit around my ears. 

JBL Reference 610 - They are a little expensive, but still cheaper than some other I've found. I might consider these if people will recommend them.

Well, that's kinda what I've been able to find that seems to suit my needs. 
I hope that you'll be able to give me some feedback on some of the above mentioned and/or suggest other models that you think might interest me :) I MIGHT be able to stretch my budget a little if necessary (That is, if the cheaper ones really suck).

Thank you!

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #2 of 11
If I've learned anything from my experience with headphones, it's to get the ones that fit and sound the best, don't totally base what you get by looks *cough*beats*cough*.

I would would go with the Sennheisers. Not only to they look great, imho, they have the best reputation for great sounding headphones of the ones you listed. They also have some talk through feature that allows you to switch from isolating outside noise or not, this way you can talk to someone without talking your headphones off, if that's important to you.

These headphones also come, from what I've seen, with a lot of accessories you can use.

Dec 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #3 of 11
Thank you for the response :)

Well, I don't care that much for the looks (Just take a look at my old ones; they're hideous 
rolleyes.gif
).
What I mean by "looking great" is that they look comfortable and have reasonable proportions.
Let me specify - Sennheiser PX 210 BT is an example of a pair of headphones with bad proportions. Look at that big headband compared to those tiny earcups - I think they look uncomfortable, unfitting and just ridiculous. Same goes with the brand new Samsung HS6000 (It's a shame since they'd match my Samsung phone)

I like Sennheiser, and the PX 360 is probably a great pair of headphones, but I hope to hear from someone who has experience with some cheaper models.

Oh, and I've found another model in the meantime - JBL Reference 610. I've added them to the list in the OP. 

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #5 of 11
Okay, I decided that I couldn't wait. I found the Sennheiser PX 360 BT at a little more than $240, so I've ordered them now..
I'll let you know what I think about them once they arrive, should anyone be interested :)

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #6 of 11
Wow.. Yearh, indeed a different price range, but in the right direction though.. :)
They somehow look professional, just without an extra 0 in the price.. Extremely cheap! I'd really like to hear some feedback if anyone has tried them.

Mar 12, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #7 of 11
Hi guys!

I'm new to this site, and I hope you'll be able to help me out here (Sorry if this is the wrong forum...?).

As the title says, I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones. I really, REALLY hate wires - more than I love great sound quality, so there you have it.
Previously I've owned a pair of Nokia BH-604 which I used for a couple of years. They were great! The sound quality was good enough for me, they were comfortable to wear and the battery lasted for ages, even after a couple of years use!
I've lost them now, though, so I really need a new pair.
Back then I paid around $120-$130 for them, and this time my budget lies around ~$200-$250.

I use them with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 if that matters) to listen to music. Using them to make calls is not important.

Here's what I'm looking for:

- Bluetooth with A2DP
- Over ear (You know, the same style as my old BH-604)
- Decent sound quality (Equal to or better than BH-604)
- Good battery life (I'm thinking around 15 hours or more)

I'd also really like if there is a 3.5mm jack cable included so I can use them when they're out of power as well. My old ones didn't have that, but this time I'll almost say it's a must.

I've been doing a bit of research myself, and it turns out that this is harder to find than I thought.. I've found something, though, and I'd like to hear your opinion on them if possible:

Philips SHB9001 - These are really cheap, and I love the design. So far my favourites within the price range, but I'm a bit afraid that it'll turn out they just suck?

Nokia BH-905i - Obviously a newer version of my old ones, so I'm sure they'll suite my needs perfectly. Only con is that they're a bit pricy (Almost twice as much as the Philips ones here in Denmark).

Sennheiser PX 360 BT - Looks great! But again, they're pretty expensive. But they are cheaper than the ones with microphone built in, and I like that I'm able to pay less if I don't need the microphone!

Sony DR-BT50- Are also a little expensive. They look great though.

Creative WP-300/350/450 - All of these are pretty cheap, and I've had good experiences with Creative. I'm not that fond of the design though - I think the earcups looks too small - they have to fit around my ears.

JBL Reference 610 - They are a little expensive, but still cheaper than some other I've found. I might consider these if people will recommend them.

Well, that's kinda what I've been able to find that seems to suit my needs.
I hope that you'll be able to give me some feedback on some of the above mentioned and/or suggest other models that you think might interest me :) I MIGHT be able to stretch my budget a little if necessary (That is, if the cheaper ones really suck).

Thank you!
nokia bh-905

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #8 of 11
Mar 14, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #10 of 11
good anc headphones,lots details nice neutral sounding nokia bh-905
Yes but the op question is 12 years old so the answer is probably not relevant for the poster any more

Mar 14, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #11 of 11
Yes but the op question is 12 years old so the answer is probably not relevant for the poster any more
im using still them,and have 3pairs. one pair worked 10years and still works. superior cans, one side have 9 dynamics, 4 from them is for ANC.sound tone similar to audeze lcd2cb. but i have focal bathys ,stellia,hifiman ananda…

Attachments

• BE48A6F3-52E3-4B54-B641-91F5FB610460.jpeg
    BE48A6F3-52E3-4B54-B641-91F5FB610460.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • CABF86CB-5FAF-4D56-B0CF-8080F092B024.jpeg
    CABF86CB-5FAF-4D56-B0CF-8080F092B024.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 30B95D4A-DA85-4C9A-80EE-4820587ACAFD.jpeg
    30B95D4A-DA85-4C9A-80EE-4820587ACAFD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • CAC84163-B438-45A9-A5C4-74673CBB1662.jpeg
    CAC84163-B438-45A9-A5C4-74673CBB1662.jpeg