Great Nils Lofgren records?
Jul 29, 2008 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

FrederikS|TPU

1000+ Head-Fier
I am going to get some Nils Lofgren CDs, just wondering which to get. I had the pleasure of seeing him live with the rest of the E Street Band and the Boss in Denmark when they visited the last time. I was absolutely dumbstruck by all of his solos. I hear some of his stuff online, and it is pretty crappy rips.

And this just made drop my jaw: YouTube - Nils Lofgren - No Mercy
Had absolutely no idea his lyrics were that amazing. Voice just perfect for that track.

This is also a great clip: YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - Because The Night - Montreal 2008

So the question is which CDs should I get?

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
Frederik

Jul 29, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 19
Highly recommend his "Acoustic Live" album. The Nils Lofgren Band - "Live" album is great as well.
I have both and find them to be just magic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 19
When I was growing up, it was the album on which he poses in front of a circus poster backdrop. Dammit.Now I have to go look it up....

well, that would be his first album! Shows how old I am.

Jul 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 19
One of my favorites is Tonight's The Night.
rolleyes.gif

I need to look at my vinyl and have a listen to his solo stuff again. It's been awhile...

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Highly recommend his "Acoustic Live" album. The Nils Lofgren Band - "Live" album is great as well.
I have both and find them to be just magic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Count me also on "Accoustic Live" Superb work

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #10 of 19
Just got Acoustic Live today. Brilliant album, already one of my favourites although I have only heard all the tracks once. Looking forward to getting some more CDs with Nils I have a couple on order, but the Danish record stores don't have his stuff in stock.

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #11 of 19
^ Nice to see that you enjoy the "Acoustic Live" album.
biggrin.gif

Its one of my favorite albums as well...

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Little On Up and Keith Don't Go are just performed so perfect on that album, amazing!
You can hear the tracks again and again his and his band's attention to detail is marvellous.

I saw him do "Acoustic Live" in 2006. It was excellent, just him, a piano, a guitar, and some other guy whose name I don't remember
redface.gif

The only complaint I had (being in the front row) was that the acoustics were really piercingly sharp. I had to cover my ears to reduce the treble, it was that bad. And he got huge cheers for 'Keith Don't Go', I think it's probably the best track on 'Acoustic Live'.

And I just got my copy of 'The Loner' this morning. Interesting take on "Don't Be Denied"... have to listen to it all again. It's weird hearing Nils singing Neil
icon10.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #14 of 19
soozieq I envy you, would love to see him live again, saw him with the rest of the E-Street Band performing in Denmark not that long ago and his solo was amazing. Sounds interesting I think I have to pick up that CD as well.

Aug 6, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw him do "Acoustic Live" in 2006. It was excellent, just him, a piano, a guitar, and some other guy whose name I don't remember
redface.gif

Soozieq, I saw him on a similar tour in the late 90's (he might have been supporting "Acoustic Live") and I'm pretty sure it was his brother on-stage with him. I'm not a huge fan of his solo work, but really enjoyed that show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back