Great Grado Service
Jul 14, 2003 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Leo

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I had to send off my old Grado SR-60 headphones to be repaired (purchased back in late 90's). I contacted Grado asking about the involved cost to repair a broken 1/8in connector. They emailed me saying send it in and they would repair it. I included in my repair package that I would pay any repair costs associated with it. Also the pair I sent in had worn pads as well. So less than 2 weeks later, a box shows up today with my repaired Grado SR-60 as well as a new pair of pads - all at no charge! What a great company and what great service. This is what I call customer service. Great doing business with them and I'll keep going back. I now have my portable cans back and ready to listen to them again.

Go Team Grado!

rs1smile.gif

Jul 14, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 13
That is awesome. Glad to hear about companies going above and beyond, especially on an "entry-level" product, and when you didn't even have to ask.

This kind of service will definitely keep existing customers coming back (and spending even more), and probably make potential new customers take the leap with confidence.

Glad to hear you repair experience went so well.

Jul 14, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 13
Things like that will keep people coming back over and over. I'm glad to hear of companies that treat people this way.

Jul 14, 2003 at 10:21 PM Post #5 of 13
Well I wonder if we created an online petition, would that get Grado to change their minds for folks that want the original flat pads to be created again.

Jul 15, 2003 at 6:21 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Leo
Well I wonder if we created an online petition, would that get Grado to change their minds for folks that want the original flat pads to be created again.

Others have suggested things like that, but apparently John doesn't like the sound of the flat pads, and apparently the minimum production run would have to be like 10,000 pads that would have to be paid for from someone else's pocket. Headroom wouldn't even be able to afford it, and there aren't enough buyers for thousands of pairs of flat pads.

Jul 15, 2003 at 7:35 PM Post #8 of 13
when one of the rings holding the earcups on my then 3 year old Sr80s snapped, i gave Grado a ring (then Goldring) and they simply replaced the ring f.o.c. and didn't even ask for a receipt! even beter, got them back within 7 days!

the same to Sennheiser too- my 580s are now 3 years old and last month the cable went again...free replacement and 6 months ago there was a buzzing in one of the earcups which some people would totally dismiss.. new earcup and again back within 2 weeks....
fantastic service- why can't other industries be as obliging as the mid-end headphone industry?
frown.gif

Jul 15, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #9 of 13
<rant> Here, here! Customer service as an industry is a dying breed. When was the last time you opted to do your business online rather then face the incompetence at the local retailer. It's much easier to go online find what I want rather than waste gas, time and effort to translate to a sales rep (more like drone in a company logo'd shirt) what a SACD is or why I want component cables instead of RCA cables. </rant off>

Well I'm glad others are getting good customer service. Sometimes dealing with a small mom/pop outfit is much better than the big chain stores where staff doesn't have a clue about a product that they are selling.

Jul 16, 2003 at 12:27 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by kuma
That's really cool!

Grado, however, charged me 60 bucks to fix my RS2.
mad.gif

They charged me $100 to fix my RS-1, and didn't even put pads on.
tongue.gif

*sigh* oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back