great deal on ATH AD700s
Mar 31, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #16 of 29
Yes, I suggest to order from Amazon directly. Received the AD700s from them the first time around.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #17 of 29
Very good deal, just make sure as others have said, that you get the AD700 & not the A700 being that you have the A900s.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Mar 31, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #18 of 29
I'm in the same boat - I ordered the AD700s just last night and made sure I called the company this morning. At $84 this seems like a stellar deal.

Good luck! Review the headphones when you get them in!

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #20 of 29
Mar 31, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #21 of 29
Anyone feeling a bit generous ?

I'm from Canada,Quebec and I would love to order a pair of AD700 from Amazon but they don't ship to my location.

I was wondering if someone could order a pair for me w/ free standard shipping and then ship it to me via USPS First Class Mail. I would of course cover the shipping and I would send the fund first via paypal non-cc. I'm a legit trader. It would be greatly appreciated

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #22 of 29
Looks like it's sold out or something from Electronics Expo, Amazon now has it as being sold and shipped from them as the main buy for the headphones.

Hopefully nothing crazy happened with EExpo. I want my headphones to come as soon as possible!

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #23 of 29
TO THE OP:
I recieved the A700s instead of the ADs, so I called them and customer service assured me that if I sent it back, once they received them they'd send me the correct item.

One week later: I got another pair of the A700s. In fact, I recognized the scratches on the box: they had simply sent back the exact same unit I sent for exchange. If anyone gets a headphone from this point on from them, please post so that I'll know I'll get my money back if I send it to them!

I may keep the A700s like i love hina, though, just because I don't want to send them back and get COMPLETELY ripped off! It does seem like these are genuine phones, and they do sound better than any headphones I currently own.

P.S. I called and talked to a different customer service person, he also looked up my order and all the documentation and receipts said AD700, and he didn't know how it happened.

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #24 of 29
I'm not sure why E.Ex is doing this anyway, they retail the A700s for $121... maybe I just sell them (Hey, brand new!) on the forum or something, pocket the difference. Or upgrade to Grado 125i

Anyone want a review on the A700?

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AD700's can be had off ebay (beachcamera authorized dealer)
for $80 after live.com cashback

certainly worth the $10 more.

go to live.com. Search "XBOX".

"Xbox
- www.ebay.comLive Search cashbackLive Search cashback

Buy Xbox. You may get 12% off with PayPal if eligible."
It's an ad at the top.

search AD700. find the one that is 89.99 from beachcamera.
buy it =)
$90 * .88 = ~$80.

Get them here.. it's cheaper this way anyway

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #26 of 29
a reliable 3rd party too is Krex. A few weeks ago they had them for cheap. Price is $88 now, but they are so reliable. I used standard shipping, and got mine in 3 days. My phones started acting weird after a day, and I emailed them and got a fast reply and RMAed it the next day.

Mar 31, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #27 of 29
REALLY hmm that is a happy story! Well, to Electronic Expo's credit, both times they shipped me headphones they arrived in 3 business days each. It probably IS a fluke that they sent me the wrong headphones twice, or maybe they were out of stock and figured the A700s cost more and were similar enough that I wouldn't mind.

Since they're in stock condition I could probably sell the A700s, buy the AD700s somewhere else, and pocket the change. E.Ex is the lowest price seller for the A700s on amazon right now too, but they sell for $120.00 USD I got them for $80 shipped.

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #28 of 29
hey thanks for this post, I switched from the Electronics Expo to the Amazon seller, cost $10 more, BUT free shipping, $190 FOR sENNS 555 AND ad700'S so I think Electronics Expo is around the same for the shipping, this way they will come together...once again, Head-fi forums save the day!
p.s they had a zalman mic but it was going to take until the end of April, a quick check online and I got one for $6.00
p.p.s. sign up for Amazon Prime free for a month, get 2 day shipping free, plus $5 mp3 download....
ppps...I do not work for Amazon!

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #29 of 29
I ended up getting mine on eBay from Beach Camera for $89.99 shipped. If you use MS LiveSearch Cashback, you get 14% back bringing the total down to $77.39. Bought them on Sat. and they were delivered on Tues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back