Great bass cans in $200-300 range
Jan 17, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #17 of 31

Try using only them for the next 2-4 days. Also let them play over night if you can. Then after 2-4 days try to switch back to your old cans and see what you think.

I definitely will try that. The XL pads have a good seal. I think I just really like the "boomy" bass of my Sony MDR950BT's. I like feeling the bass knock against my ears. I've heard better bass headphones, not sure why people even consider these "bass" headphones. Unless they are just a solid sound signature for audiophiles with slightly emphasized bass. 

Now that I've pulled the Sony's out 2 days later, they sound muddy in comparison. At least over bluetooth. The bass is definitely boomier, but the clarity is kinda bad compared to the V-Moda's. If only I had a bit more "oomph", I'd be satisfied. Maybe I am a basshead after all. 

I'm not using an amp, I know a lot of people here do. Could be why.

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #19 of 31
Its an average dragged on mainstream anime. Its overrated by noobs, just like beats' old line.
id have to disagree. you can say what you want we all have diffrent tastes and i like bleach one piece and naruto so what if people like even if there not all perfect no need to hate not like they charge us money and claim there the best, good day to you sir :grin:

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #20 of 31

I definitely will try that. The XL pads have a good seal. I think I just really like the "boomy" bass of my Sony MDR950BT's. I like feeling the bass knock against my ears. I've heard better bass headphones, not sure why people even consider these "bass" headphones. Unless they are just a solid sound signature for audiophiles with slightly emphasized bass. 

Now that I've pulled the Sony's out 2 days later, they sound muddy in comparison. At least over bluetooth. The bass is definitely boomier, but the clarity is kinda bad compared to the V-Moda's. If only I had a bit more "oomph", I'd be satisfied. Maybe I am a basshead after all. 

I'm not using an amp, I know a lot of people here do. Could be why.

I think it would be worth to invest in a FiiO amp/dac combo for you then.

Jan 17, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #21 of 31
id have to disagree. you can say what you want we all have diffrent tastes and i like bleach one piece and naruto so what if people like even if there not all perfect no need to hate not like they charge us money and claim there the best, good day to you sir :grin:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/time-rethink-beats-solo2-excellent
Hehehe

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #22 of 31
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/time-rethink-beats-solo2-excellent
Hehehe
never said beats were bad i just thought that picture was funny xD u know the solo hd and instead of headphones it was a satellite dish i didnt mean to offend you or in a mean way beats seem to have gotten good and there newer gen of things really impress maybe not 100% of the money is going to sound but nontheless its not like they are only worth 30 dollars they are solid :)

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #23 of 31
never said beats were bad i just thought that picture was funny xD u know the solo hd and instead of headphones it was a satellite dish i didnt mean to offend you or in a mean way beats seem to have gotten good and there newer gen of things really impress maybe not 100% of the money is going to sound but nontheless its not like they are only worth 30 dollars they are solid
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, I'm not offended at all. I'm just messing around
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #26 of 31

I'm not a beats fan at all but I do think it can be a viable option in certain situations.

Can anyone recommend any set of cans in the price range, with better bass than the V-Moda's? I've been letting them play all day, and don't get me wrong. The clarity is really nice, best I've heard. But the bass is lacking for me unless I turn the volume up to the point of blasting my eardrums. Not worth the $300 IMO with XL earpads. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #27 of 31
Can anyone recommend any set of cans in the price range, with better bass than the V-Moda's? I've been letting them play all day, and don't get me wrong. The clarity is really nice, best I've heard. But the bass is lacking for me unless I turn the volume up to the point of blasting my eardrums. Not worth the $300 IMO with XL earpads. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

An eq might help with the bass.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club
The king of the basshead club is the jvc sz2000

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #28 of 31
An eq might help with the bass.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club
The king of the basshead club is the jvc sz2000

Haha, that may be overbearing though, no? I mean it is the KING. I did like the beats bass, but want something slightly less muddy. When people mention muddy, they mention too boomy and distortion. I'm realizing "some" distortion because it does THUMP is kind of a good thing for me.

Jan 19, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #30 of 31
  TH600 might be something if your wallet can handle it :p

Yeah my wallet can't handle those! Ha! 

I need something a slightly more bass heavy than the Crossfades, but same price range. Preferably something that doesn't need an amp. Something similar to the Sony 950BT's, but with better clarity like the Crossfades. Cause the 950BT's clarity isn't gonna cut it now. Wish there was a place I can try out a bunch of headphones at once, and see which ones I like without returning to amazon and risk getting my account banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back