Great amp for MS1s under $100?
Mar 29, 2007 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Meloncoly

500+ Head-Fier
I was looking at the Headroom's Total Airhead, GoVibe V6 and the C&C box and I wanted some opinions on how they sound with Alessandro/Grado phones. I went away from Senn because everything was too neutral. I used to like that but now it's boring. I always strayed away from Grados, since they were too bright for my tastes. Alessandro seems like the perfect candidate for me. Are there any candidates in this price range that goes well with the Alessandro? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Any opinions with iBasso P1/T1?

Mar 29, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #3 of 13
Yes, I figured that as well. I was thinking towards the portable end now, I'll go edit that. I was going to buy the Lunchbox, but I figured that I would be using it more portably so I wanted a portable amp instead. Thanks a lot for the input.

Mar 29, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 13
Although I currently do not have the headphones, I do have plans to buy a RedWine ipod, so I would need an amp at some point. With insufficient funds, I plan on buying the amp first before I get the ipod.

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 13
You probably won't need an amp. I use my 225's at work directly out of my ipod and computer and they both sound great.

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #8 of 13
they sound SO good. i like them a lot. hope to get ms2is. anyway, i use a portable misterx xp amp and it sounds fine. oh and i use an lod that my friend made.

Jul 11, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #12 of 13
how about head amp that adds more punchy bass to ms-1? anyone?
i've always feel that ms-1 lack punchy bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back