Gratuitous post: DT880... in pictures
Sep 15, 2003 at 7:59 PM Post #31 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by jcorkery
I like these...

I like your Avatar...
Ultraman? gees. this is a blast from the past.
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2003 at 8:10 PM Post #32 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by kuma
I like your Avatar...
Ultraman? gees. this is a blast from the past.
biggrin.gif

Heh heh... Thanks, kuma. Ultraman was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid...
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2003 at 9:19 PM Post #34 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
I never realized that the ULTRA Meta42 could drive the 880 at 250 ohms and would also drive the senn. 580s and 600.

of coarse it can.. so does the supermini and porta corda.
the beyers are harder to drive then the senns, though they are 50 ohm less. they're less efficient.
Quote:

So if you have high ohmage cans you really don't need to buy those exspensive high power amps fore them.

technicaly, no. soundwize? that's another story. but that's also dependant in the amps' quality, of coarse.

so, LTUCCI1924, i suggest that you'll try the ART DI/O with the META42 and beyers. do you have dark opamps?
the ART DI/O has very loud 7V output (the standart is 2V).
when the porta corda runs on 28V regulated psu, it can handle that 7V input easy (many amp will distort, but that's not the way with the cordas' circuit - i think i read that the META42 is also capable of that), and the beyers respond better to this, soundwize. you can tell something powerful is passed on to you. i suspect that the META42 will be a better match with the beyers - i believe that it reaches lower then the corda. maybe i'm used to my EMP, but lowest bass ain't the strongest side of this combo.
with the beyers, i never go louder then ~135 degrees of pot rotation. plenty of power left. but probably on low impedance cans it wouldn't be too good - as you'll probably rotate the pot 15 degrees
tongue.gif
(with the senns it won't go more then ~100 degrees... and it ain't too good to use pots at low setting, it's not optimal for amp performance, as far as i know)
actually, on this setup, the difference between the beyers and senns ain't big as on others i've tried. the senns sounds great that way. i guess it's that input juice that really makes both DT880 and HD600 fly.

Sep 15, 2003 at 9:29 PM Post #35 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Ultraman? Who is Ultraman??? I know a Urutoraman, is he any relation?
evil_smiley.gif

Really guys, let's have proper pronounciation here.

hehe. the proper way is acutally 'wulutolaman'

say that three times really fast.
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2003 at 9:38 PM Post #36 of 51
"wulutolaman"???
This isn't some obscure kansai dialect, is it?

Anyway, I'm more of a reinbouman fan. That whole "I'm Ultraman's cousin's sister" thing didn't work very well. All I can say is I'd hate to be at their Christmas get-togethers.

I am also a huge Bangraman fan of course. If I was in real trouble and needed a superhero, I'd probably trust a very solid guy in white flared trousers and a chest wig more than a slightly underfed looking guy in a dodgy mask in a stripey skinsuit.

Sep 15, 2003 at 9:54 PM Post #37 of 51
Quote:

Ultraman? Who is Ultraman??? I know a Urutoraman, is he any relation?
evil_smiley.gif

Really guys, let's have proper pronounciation here.

Sure... And I guess you probably say Doragonbohru, too...
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #38 of 51
Quote:

"wulutolaman"???

Anyway, I'm more of a reinbouman fan. That whole "I'm Ultraman's cousin's sister" thing didn't work very well. All I can say is I'd hate to be at their Christmas get-togethers.

I never really got into that whole urutora kyodai thing. The original was it for me.

On a side note, I always liked Debiruman... For some reason, I always used to watch Cutey Honey, too...
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2003 at 10:40 PM Post #40 of 51
Quote:

I never really got into that whole urutora kyodai thing. The original was it for me.

On a side note, I always liked Debiruman... For some reason, I always used to watch Cutey Honey, too...
biggrin.gif

ok. before we get kicked off for a thread hi-jacking by a moderator, for me, the real good one was Ultra Q which ran before the original Ultraman.
biggrin.gif

Ditto for Debiruman.. wonderfully dark for the era.

Quote:

Hmm... That sounds like somebody losing his lunch!

Quote:

"wulutolaman"???

LOL! It's a poor attempt to illustrate a lack of 'r' in Japanese.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 15, 2003 at 10:52 PM Post #41 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by kuma
LOL! It's a poor attempt to illustrate a lack of 'r' in Japanese.
rolleyes.gif

Well, if we must nitpick, "L" and "R" are pretty much interchangeable... Most Japanese seem to pronounce it somewhere in-between the two, sort of like a really soft "D" sound, although you will often hear some people pronounce it like an "L".
cool.gif

Sep 15, 2003 at 11:00 PM Post #42 of 51
Quote:

you will often hear some people pronounce it like an "L".
cool.gif

Only really bad pop singers. And even then leally badry.

This thread is in serious danger of being moved into the Certifiably Inane... Shall we start a thread there before this is moved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back