Grattle in my HD580's...
Dec 10, 2005 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

seeberg

Headphoneus Supremus
I know how some people have been getting the problem of 'Grado Grattle' in their 'phones, but I was wondering if it can happen to Sennheisers too, specifically my HD580's. The left driver distorts at high volume as if there's a crease or a hair or something with the driver making it audibly annoying. Is there a way to remedy this? I've already tried taking my earcups apart to see if I could fix them, but can't separate the driver mount from the earcup housing- it seems to be in there VERY tight.

Any ideas?

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 10, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 4
You're approaching the problem from the wrong direction methinks - pull off the earpad and take a close look at the foam underneath. If a hair gives trouble, it either is in there or should be visibly stuck in/near the driver.

Dec 11, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
You're approaching the problem from the wrong direction methinks - pull off the earpad and take a close look at the foam underneath. If a hair gives trouble, it either is in there or should be visibly stuck in/near the driver.

I've done that with a light shining through it, and I can't see anything. Also, do you mean the small patch of foam in back of the driver or the thin foam dampener behind the the earpads?
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
I'll say it again, Grado Grattle is contagious, and you even own an sr60 according to your profile
evil_smiley.gif

I do! I think it could possibly be an issue with the driver as well though, I'm just not sure. I guess it can't be an entirely bad thing though; at high volume is where things start going awry with the left driver, so I guess in a way its kind of an alarm telling me to not listen to my music so freaking loud LOL
rolleyes.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back