Grateful Dead Fans...your recommendation
Aug 2, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very cool, the Tower of Sound was designed by "Bear". Check his website.

http://www.thebear.org/index.html

Yes indeed it was designed by Bear . . . or rather THEY were, as there were TWO of these beasts.
They had to leapfrogged them so one was in use at a show tonight while the other was in the next city on the tour in preparation for the next night's show otherwise they could not do it in the alotted time.
Eventually the logicstics caused them to redesign their system.

It was indeed something to hear. This is what first started my interest in audio equipment as well as headphones

Jun 25, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #18 of 24
Reviving this thread as I didn't see a newer one.  What are people's more recent recommendations for headphone/amp setups for Dead listening?  I realize this is a somewhat odd question for a band that created the Wall of Sound, but curious anyways.  I currently have the HD650s and the Crack+speedball and love it for just about all music.  Have the Gustard H-10 Cavalli LC on the way (only going to keep one of those) and sometime down the road will get some high end planars.  My favorite Dead is live shows from '70-'74, but also love their acoustic stuff, as well as Jerry w/ David Grisman etc. 

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #19 of 24
  Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QFT

here's my personal preference for listening to the Dead
biggrin.gif

GDWallofSound-web.jpg

Grateful Dead pre-concert sound check, circa 1972

I couldn't resist, it's been a while since that was posted so it was about due.

(larger version if you like . . . 1432 x 971 (220 kb) )

and unfortunately so is this . . . .

JerryGarcia_08-08.gif

very cool, the Tower of Sound was designed by "Bear". Check his website.

http://www.thebear.org/index.html

Great , great work :)

Sep 18, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #23 of 24
Man, The Dead and SR225's are made for eachother. Live Dead is freaking unbelievable on SR225's.

That brings me back to high school, listening to my SR-225 off my 3rd gen ipod laying in bed listening to the Dead.  These days my LCD-X do a pretty good job.  Just threw on 4/14/72 Tivoli Concert hall :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back