Granite Audio Aspen Tube Headphone Amp on Audiogon!
Apr 30, 2004 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 5
Doesn't that look amazingly like a MG Head? External PSU, EL84 and 12a?7 tubes, rear transformers, etc.

Apr 30, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
Doesn't that look amazingly like a MG Head? External PSU, EL84 and 12a?7 tubes, rear transformers, etc.

This has come up many times before, and on thread Joe officially stated he had no connection with these guys. It's a common case for a tube amp - and this is slightly different from a real MG Head (transformer "bulkheads" larger and there is a third one in front, the switch isn't placed in the same spot, 12AU7 default tubes vs. 12AX7s). I think it's either a copycat design or coincidence that these amps use similar casing.

These generally have a price far higher than an MG Head, and I don't think anyone has ever tried one here.

-dd3mon

May 10, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 5
Well, someone has got one now
biggrin.gif
. I snagged that auction and I am breaking it in now. Initial reaction is quite good- running OTL, it has a very nice rich sound with full, taut bass. the really interesting thing is that it is driving my K1Ks very nicely. Once its broken in, I will do a mini-review vs my RKV Mk2.
k1000smile.gif

May 13, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Have you had a chance to check this amp out yet? Open it up and check out the quality of the components, as well as compare it to other high quality amps?

I'm particularly interested in how it compares to the Singlepowers and perhaps the Raptor.

I've seen the initial impressions of "Russedelic" compared to the XCAN v3, but I was interested in how it compared to amps in its price range - $1000. It has a premium price, which places it up against some tough competition - so it had better be as good, or better, to enter a market dominated by these better known brands at that premium price.

I'm sure a lot of us would be interested in your impressions / comparisons.

GF2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back