Grand Theft Auto V
Sep 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #32 of 50
Walked into class at university today and so many people were talking about GTA: V. Crazy lol.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #36 of 50
Bah. This game is SO beautifully mastered. Xbox - optical - Fiio E17 - Whatever can I'm into at the time.. It's a dream.

I just finished my second playthrough (So I could properly master the stock-market this time through) and I'm still loving it.

Even after 40 hours of playtime, I'm STILL discovering new vehicles.. New car mods, new weapon mods, new parts of the map. The scale of this game is outrageous. 

To top it off, I haven't even touched online yet.

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #41 of 50
  Waiting on the PC version. Super stoked still.

Dont wait too long Rockstar has a very bad record of choking like a cheap hooker on PC ports. GTA4, LANoire are perfect examples where they screwed it to the max then denied any wrong doing and only after a flood of pissed off buyers they accepted failure and "tried" to fix the issues. To this day I cant playt either game and my PC beats the reccomended specs like Tyson vs MJ.

As a software dev I can see why and how and feel comfartable in saying Rockstar should stick to consoles

SPPV
WME8 Helper
Babylon
XMV2WMV
JPG2TBN
Maryo Chronicles METAL
SatanicSlaughterHouse

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #42 of 50
  Dont wait too long Rockstar has a very bad record of choking like a cheap hooker on PC ports. GTA4, LANoire are perfect examples where they screwed it to the max then denied any wrong doing and only after a flood of pissed off buyers they accepted failure and "tried" to fix the issues. To this day I cant playt either game and my PC beats the reccomended specs like Tyson vs MJ.

As a software dev I can see why and how and feel comfartable in saying Rockstar should stick to consoles

SPPV
WME8 Helper
Babylon
XMV2WMV
JPG2TBN
Maryo Chronicles METAL
SatanicSlaughterHouse

I feel like San Andreas was a great PC port, and I'm hoping they do something similar for GTA V. They know how much money is at stake with the PC audience.. I'm sure they will dedicate themselves accordingly!

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #45 of 50
I hope they do make an ass of me. I love many of their games, and own dual copies of most (360/PC). Just sadly theirs been a slide and its not just Rockstar, Capcom has done the same. Wrote a game for console then fail badly when porting to PC. I can appreciate people mentioning the great older titles like San Andreas, but what people need to remember at that time PC was still treated as a viable platform and not just an afterthought. Also the older games were ports from "legacy free PC" but as companies like MS and Sony try to protect their investment they move system calls, code and other integral parts further from PC which makes it very hard for devs.

A good example is Babylon, I wrote it for XBOX (the original old school console) and I only had to add 71 lines of code to make it run on PC as well.. Where as my work on 360 I would climb into a bathtub and cut my wrists if I tried to make it dual use and run on PC. There is so much that differs in the kernel (NAND/BIOS-choose your word) from Windows that its an exercise in futility unless you are 100% SURE you will make a fortune off of it.

Sadly many companies are no longer sure about the PC platform, they know its the easiest to hack, and the lowest selling. Only the true gamers rock a hardcore gaming PC and can run games like BF4 or GTA5 so I think they look at this and say "sorry not enough people willing to dump 1200 on a PC so lets just half ass it, it will work for some" 

But again I hope they do spend the money and time to make this a great port, and when they are done with GTA5 they better haul ass and port Undead Nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back