Oct 26, 2004 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

ProFingerSk8er

Headphoneus Supremus
SA.jpg

waited 50 minutes in line with more then 200 people
cool.gif

no time to talk...PLAY TIME!

Oct 26, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 31
Wow, it's out already? For some reason I thought it came out later...

Glad I sold my PS2 last year otherwise I'd be doing the same.
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by amol
Meh, another dumb GTA game. Am i the only one who thinks the whole GTA series is completely idiotic ?

Sales figures say: Most likely, yes.

I loved GTA3. I can't even tell you how many hours my roommate and I spent playing that after we were done with the missions, just trying to see what various things we could do or even cause some mayhem. I didn't like Vice City quite as well, I think maybe it wasn't different enough to hold my attention. I'll have to see how San Andreas is, haven't really bothered to read up on it yet.

Oct 26, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 31
I couldn't take any of the originals, but vice city hooked me with its SCARFACE RIP OFF. I enjoyed playing that one to the end. I don't think I'll pick up this one though.

Oct 26, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #8 of 31
this one is 10x better than VC (i didnt have to wait in any lines btw, muhahaha
smily_headphones1.gif
).
so much more things to do:
ride bicycles to build stamina
go to the gym to work out
eat to gain weight and stay healty (dont gain too much weight though)
get tattoo's
play basketball
learn new fighting moves
more realistic driving (better sense of speed)
smarter enemies (go into the wrong turf, and you will be shot)
player can swim, jump over fences and walls properly, rob stores and homes, etc.

there are a ton more features, its crazy. ign gave it 9.9 and gamespot a 9.6, they rarely give such high scores.
this is going to be one of those games that you will be playing for weeks.

Oct 26, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Am i the only one who thinks the whole GTA series is completely idiotic?

Yes. GTA3 and GTA:VC were some of the most imaginative, open-ended games ever produced. I've found it's one of the few violent games that nearly everyone enjoys (elderly, females, criminals, clowns). I love the whole GTA series and await the game's emergence on the PC (no PS2 here).

Oct 26, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by amol
Meh, another dumb GTA game. Am i the only one who thinks the whole GTA series is completely idiotic ?

Yep
smily_headphones1.gif
Though, for what its worth, I didn't enjoy VC too much--I'm not at all a fan of the 80s.

Oct 26, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #12 of 31
I used to play VC all the time on the PC, then I reformatted and never reinstalled it. Damn pesky girlfriends, just get in the way of gaming. Anyway, tomorrow I'm gonna reinstall that, grab the online mod and wait patiently for San Andreas to be ported to the PC.

Oct 26, 2004 at 5:55 AM Post #13 of 31
my dad had his Accord stolen last night. Can any of you guys help?
CPW

Oct 26, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
Gotta agree with Neil, GTAIII and Vice are pretty much the only video games I play now... that is until another C&C game comes out....muhahaha
tongue.gif

too bad EA has totally screwed up C&C IMO, i miss the old days of tiberian dawn, red alert and tiberian sun...

Oct 26, 2004 at 6:30 AM Post #15 of 31
Man I didn't know this was out yet...makes me kinda regret selling my PS2 a few months back. O well, it's not worth going out and buying another one for so I guess I will wait for the XBOX and/or PC versions, which will undoubtedly be superior. The only thing is that by the time it arrives on those platforms, it will be old news and many people will already have finished the game.
frown.gif
I still have too many games waiting to be beaten as it is. 90 games on the ol' modded XBOX and not nearly enough time to play them all.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back