Gran Turismo
Dec 29, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #17 of 34
Gs, you're playing simulation mode, not arcade, right? You get the cars in sim mode.

Dec 29, 2004 at 4:27 AM Post #18 of 34
arcade mode only unlocks tracks for 2 player and ending movies.
i've seen several movies of GT4 and it is seriously amazing. it's a good thing i'll be finished with college by the time of its release.

Dec 29, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #19 of 34
I remember staying up all ngiht one weekend to get the skyline and fully mod it.
It`s CRAZY fast!

Dec 29, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #20 of 34
i did the same when i tried to get my first F1 from an endurance race. i was falling asleep at the wheel over and over again. lucky for me i had a fast car so i caught up within 3 laps each time. then i figured out a rubber band trick and got the F/090 like 6 times.

Dec 29, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
Gs, you're playing simulation mode, not arcade, right? You get the cars in sim mode.

Simulation mode...I have all the A,B and Rally licenses but the cars they give you are sh!t
frown.gif

Arent there any more tracks??

Its frustrating and VERY slow to progress through this game. I am a HUGE fan of racing games but this is the first one that managed to turn me off with the limited track and car options.

Dec 29, 2004 at 5:19 AM Post #23 of 34
Hm, there are like 80+ cars in the game, most of which are sporty and beyond since they took out the regular cars from gt2. If you think it's limited, I can't believe you get a kick out of the variety you get in F1 games.

Dec 29, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Gamespot says Q1 2005, not much of a help.

The official release date given @TGS 2004 was 12/14, they could have at least given us another date rather than the nebulous Q1, which most likely means end of March if we're lucky ::Sigh::

Dec 29, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by trevorlane
i did the same when i tried to get my first F1 from an endurance race. i was falling asleep at the wheel over and over again. lucky for me i had a fast car so i caught up within 3 laps each time. then i figured out a rubber band trick and got the F/090 like 6 times.

Haha, i just put a book on the Bottom (X?) button...the skyline would hit tons of walls but always come out 1st!

Easy money!

Dec 29, 2004 at 3:59 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
nice! what kind of cars do you race?

I have two dodge Neons that I've been racing for a few years, one is an ACR, the competition model, the other is a highly modified DOHC coupe. I mostly autocross and occasionally drag race them, but the biggest thrill is getting them out on a real race track. I've had my DOHC Neon up to 115-120 mph at the Mid-Ohio Race course.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back