Graham Slee Voyager vs RSA Hornet
Mar 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fleasbaby

Member of the Trade: Wabi Sabi Headphones
Hi All,

Looking at a pair of older, more established amps, the RSA Hornet and the Graham Slee Voyager. I was hoping for some opinions from those who have heard both (God help me, I guess I am a glutton for punishment).

My sources are a Cowon J3 and a Sansa Clip +, my headphones are a pair of the new Magnum X drivers in a pair of Cabillas cups. Might be going to a 240gb iPod Classic soon (getting tired of caring about space). All music is in flac.

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 3
I can't fault my Voyager, great sound, battery lasts for months, and just seems to love
all my headphones, I don't use IEMs btw

It looks "functional" that's about it.
I also never use the contour, I find it sounds better without,
just turn it up a bit!

despite many changes in DAP and Headphones, it remains unchallenged,
but I haven't heard many other amps,

finally it's rare having something audio at that price level, still made in the UK

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi All,

Looking at a pair of older, more established amps, the RSA Hornet and the Graham Slee Voyager. I was hoping for some opinions from those who have heard both (God help me, I guess I am a glutton for punishment).

My sources are a Cowon J3 and a Sansa Clip +, my headphones are a pair of the new Magnum X drivers in a pair of Cabillas cups. Might be going to a 240gb iPod Classic soon (getting tired of caring about space). All music is in flac.
Can't go wrong with a Hornet. Really sweet midrange... strong bass...non-fatiguing treble. Good build quality. Does RSA still make products?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back