Grado's Upgraded?
Mar 13, 2009 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

MrTissues

Head-Fier
Hey guys I have owned some SR-80s for about a year and a half I think. Today I went to their site and noticed that all the SR series headphones had a new design, much sleaker and the padding that goes on your ear is different (looks much more comfortable).

Other than looks was anything else changed?
Where can I get pads like that to put on my SR-80? (local store would be best but if not online would be fine)

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 22
New design? Sleeker? You sure you own SR80s?

The exterior design has remained the same (pads not withstanding).

As for pads, you can get the whole gamut of Grado replacement pads from Todd. TTVJ, Todd The Vinyl Junkie

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #5 of 22
Edit: Too late..

Direct link to the pads, if you dont want to wear out your mouse button
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by CTechKid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New design? Sleeker? You sure you own SR80s?

The exterior design has remained the same (pads not withstanding).

As for pads, you can get the whole gamut of Grado replacement pads from Todd. TTVJ, Todd The Vinyl Junkie

...What? The pads are all Comfies up to the SR225i model, but the exterior is now more like the GS1000 "mushroom" shape.

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #7 of 22
They are for sure different here is a pic of my SR80s:

photo2p.jpg

And here are the stock ones from the webpage. Notice where the text is and where the headband thing connects to each ear.

sr80i.png

But what about the sound has anyone done a comparison of the SR80 to SR80i or SR60 to SR60i?

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 22
I think there is increased soundstage. Well a comparison of one of the originals and the "i" models proved that. I forgot where that thread is. I'll let you find it and dig it up.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #12 of 22
withthe pad/bowl making such a distinct difference bet the sr60 and sr80, wonder how comfies on the 80 bring even closer or almost none at all between the two.

i used to own an 80, but flogged it off for a 60, only to discover the pads made all the difference.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #13 of 22
I understand that the difference between the 225 and 225i are better drivers, but what about comfort/pads? Are they still the same? I am hoping to find some images with the differences. Not much out on the web.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have all got round pegs and that is the reason I will never again buy Grado!

What do you mean round pegs?

Can anyone tell me where the SR80 or SR80i comparison thread is?

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTissues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean round pegs?

He means the metal posts that the speaker units rotate on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back