grados sr-325 (new model) vs sr-225 vs something else?
Jan 20, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #167 of 257
anyone know where i can get flat pads......... appears ttvj is out of stock???? just ordered my 225's and would like to buy some

Jan 20, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #168 of 257
let me be the first to thank FrysSux for making this discovery.
smily_headphones1.gif

but, in the meantime, i shall stick with my 'classic' ms-2s.
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #169 of 257
Can anyone, who possesses SR-325/MS-2 fatboy, measure the diameter of the cups? The diameter of classic MS-2's cups is about 2 1/4 inch (57 mm). Thanks.

Jan 21, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #171 of 257
Hey guys I got some news about these. I just bought a pair of the gold 325's for $260 (1 week old demo model) I saw an email to the dealer from Grado that explained about the new 325's I can't remember it verbatim...but they said that these are going to be known as the 325i and that the drivers and make-up of the metal is new. John tweeked them to make them more "fun". The actual specs will come out soon. They said the gold is for the 50th anniv. and that there probably won't be anymore gold headphones made in the future. Mine aren't even broken in yet and I can tell you that I definitely prefer the sound of these to my 225's. I'll let the experts tell you about the sound as I am just a rookie.

Here is a pic with them against the 225's. Oh, I think someone asked if the headband was leather....yes it is.
325i.jpg

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #172 of 257
What I don't understand is why Grado would deny their existence one day and then come out a couple days later with the announcement "Yes, we have released new gold SR325's!" I would understand if these had an official launch date or something, but they were already in stores as demo models when Grado denied knowing anything about them...
confused.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #173 of 257
So are these some kind of limited edition 325's?????

Also for all you Sr-225 owners who feel the need to upgrade. Sell me your 225's and you can go get the new 325's.......Well I had to try. You would of thought I would of managed to get a pair of 225's by now. Doh!
rs1smile.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #174 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
What I don't understand is why Grado would deny their existence one day and then come out a couple days later with the announcement "Yes, we have released new gold SR325's!" I would understand if these had an official launch date or something, but they were already in stores as demo models when Grado denied knowing anything about them...
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grado
"No truth to that at all. There is no NEW Grado line now or in the near
future.
Thank you."

I don't think they denied it exactly, since they are still 325's. You would have think they may have said, "No new line but there is an anniversary gold 325"

Jan 21, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #175 of 257
So is it purely cosmetic alterations? i would be interested in opinions from people who own the whole range to see what the differences are. I can't really comments as I have the black 325's and not the silver 325's.

Jan 21, 2005 at 6:08 AM Post #176 of 257
This gets even more confusing. Didn't another spoksmen say they're making all SR-325 Gold from now on? It was said in the same response that they've made changes to the driver? Now I don't know what to believe. Maybe Mr Grado's making this up as he goes. If this is some sort of 50th Anniversary Edition I'm not too sure much, if anything would've changed internally.

Jan 21, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #177 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
So is it purely cosmetic alterations? i would be interested in opinions from people who own the whole range to see what the differences are. I can't really comments as I have the black 325's and not the silver 325's.

The changes go beyond cosmetics. This was stated in the email directly from Grado (changes were made to the drivers and the housing dimensions and material). The owner of the store has had a set of the silver 325 for awhile and he said that the "325i" sounds a lot different. The email also said that they didn't wanna "raise any red flags" with the reveal of the new 325i. I don't know why they wanted to keep it hush hush...but I read those exact words in the email.

Jan 21, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #178 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmanc
This gets even more confusing. Didn't another spoksmen say they're making all SR-325 Gold from now on? It was said in the same response that they've made changes to the driver? Now I don't know what to believe. Maybe Mr Grado's making this up as he goes. If this is some sort of 50th Anniversary Edition I'm not to sure much, if anything woul've been changed internally.

The email I saw specifically said that they don't plan on making the rest of the line gold.

Jan 21, 2005 at 6:31 AM Post #179 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turner_Brown
...but they said that these are going to be known as the 325i

I wonder if "i" stand for "injection".....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

BMW 325i

v_o_325i.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back