grados sr-325 (new model) vs sr-225 vs something else?
Jan 17, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #33 of 257
I emailed Gradolabs to see if there are any new products. I sincerely doubt there are, and knowing how their emails go, I probably won't get a response. Which would only confirm they aren't in production.

Jan 17, 2005 at 6:26 AM Post #34 of 257
I tried searching online too.. but didn't find anything. That caught me by total surprise. Maybe I will end up buying a set and giving it a personal listen at home
biggrin.gif
I'll go first thing tomorrow morning, after calling to make sure that they are open.

Jan 17, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #35 of 257
The GradoLabs website does not mention anything like this....if there are new drivers you'd at least expect the specified frequency response to change? It's still 18Hz to 24Khz, or is there website update lag in effect? I also checked to see if Angelo had done a painting of the gold SR-325, but no luck...
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:20 AM Post #36 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosch
The GradoLabs website does not mention anything like this....if there are new drivers you'd at least expect the specified frequency response to change? It's still 18Hz to 24Khz, or is there website update lag in effect? I also checked to see if Angelo had done a painting of the gold SR-325, but no luck...
tongue.gif

I don't think they update their web page very often because they still show the old black ones with flat pads even though the silver ones with bowl pads have been out for about six years.

Jan 17, 2005 at 8:29 AM Post #37 of 257
Its not a hoax, i've seen them locally (Singapore). Pale/champagne gold color with slightly different housing. Not sure if the drivers are any different from the older model though.

Jan 17, 2005 at 9:27 AM Post #38 of 257
Yeah, nice-looking website that Grado have, but yes the old SR-325 pic is still there. I'm sure time will tell... I suppose if they have just rolled the new look SR-325s off the work bench they'd want them in shops before tending to website admin duties.

Jan 17, 2005 at 10:05 AM Post #39 of 257
I sent Gradolabs an email inquiring whether they have a new line of cans or if they tweeked the existing ones recently and I received this directly from them.

"No truth to that at all. There is no NEW Grado line now or in the near
future.
Thank you."

So whatever you saw must be a DIY mod or something I guess. Still want to see pictures though!!

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #41 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchris
I sent Gradolabs an email inquiring whether they have a new line of cans or if they tweeked the existing ones recently and I received this directly from them.

future.
Thank you."

So whatever you saw must be a DIY mod or something I guess. Still want to see pictures though!!

Why am I not surprised. Oh well, it was a cool concept.

At least we have those portable Grados to look forward to!

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #42 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchris

future.
Thank you."

It would still be the same SR-325 line and not a new line. I don't think the silver color change from black was ever announced. Guess we'll have to see pictures and if Headroom and Todd gets them.
Sounds like they are not even acknowledging the future portable line.

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #43 of 257
I'm still thinking rebadged . . .

And would a gold-colored enclosure make a big difference in sound? I think it has to do more with burn-in in the thread starter's case . . .

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #44 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I'm still thinking rebadged . . .

And would a gold-colored enclosure make a big difference in sound? I think it has to do more with burn-in in the thread starter's case . . .

It's still badged as a SR-325 though. I can see them having ten different colors to match all the mp3 players.

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #45 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by dip16amp
It's still badged as a SR-325 though. I can see them having ten different colors to match all the mp3 players.

That'd be real weird considering the sr-325 is meant for home sources. Why wouldn't they put on a mini-plug termination then? IIRC only the 80 + 60 are meant for portable, hence their termination.

I just hope peole aren't getting ahead of themselves. A gold grado doesn't necessarily mean much, other than that they have gold-colored grados. May not be any differences other than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back