Grado's on Margin Call Movie
Dec 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 8
Just watched this the other day and noticed the same thing! Interesting.. I wonder what motivated them to use Grado/Alessandro? 

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 8
One of my friends just got into a USA show called Covert Affairs.  They asked me about Grados because one character always wears RS-2's and talks about how awesome they are, actually Grado RS-2's are a plot point in the first couple episodes, a kid gets a pair as a gift and goes "wow!  Grado reference RS-2 headphones!" Like its what he always wanted.  Got to wonder whether Grado pays for product placement or if a writer/producer is just really into the brand.

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Just watched this the other day and noticed the same thing! Interesting.. I wonder what motivated them to use Grado/Alessandro? 

I would bet it was Kevin Spacey himself. The reason why i think so is because he always wears his own IWC watches in many movies. He is a known patron of IWC Schaffhausen. 

An IWC is a symbol of sophistication, much like a wooden Grado. I am pretty sure that the producers left it for him to decide. If they had it their way, he would have probably worn a vulgar-looking Rolex and a pair of Beats By Dre (since they are kind of equivalent to a Rolex in quality and style). 

Also, the character he was portraying was a sophisticated man in his late 50s, with much experience in life. As opposed to Cohen, who had become his boss by somehow fast-tracking his career, who apparently lacked this culture and sophistication. No wonder why he wore a Rolex.

I would also bet that Kevin Spacey is a hard-core audiophile, especially into headphones. I have seen him wear headphones in a few movies. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back