Grados are the most enjoyable headphones i have tried, whats yours?
Aug 18, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #31 of 47
No, Not Grados -- Alessandro -- MS1!!!

wink.gif
devil_face.gif
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #32 of 47
RS-1s....I love their sound. Really want to try some Audio-Technica (AD2000 and such) and the PS1000s though....

~Thomas

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to love the Grado sound. Then I think I burned out on it. The RS-1 was sold and the HF-1/2 sleep quietly in their boxes. The HP-2 isn't like the others, though.

Eventually, I realized that I like transparency and neutrality in headphones. Speakers, too. Neither quality is exclusive to a brand, so I'm not terribly loyal.

Me too, there's something not very natural about grado presentation and they tend to be overpriced imho

Aug 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #35 of 47
Of the headphones I've tried so far - AKG K400. Of course, my experience is severely limited compared to the guy above me, but right now I can't imagine any headphone sound better.

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #36 of 47
My Alessandro MS2 was my first major headphone and probably my most fun headphone, but seriously: the pain, oh, the pain! Listening sessions were really short before my ears started hurting. Grados and Alessandros are torture devices for some ears!

Then I decided to go with comfort and neutrality: I've been enjoying: K701 - replaced by HD800, K340.

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Grados are the most enjoyable headphones i have tried.

Grados are the only headphones that continue to provide the fun, exciting energy, and life into the music. I understand that there may be better headphones out there like the HD800, HE90, Stax, etc. But I just doubt that they will be as fun and entertaining as the Grado's and I'd probably have to spend more just to power them. For the music that I listen to, the Grado's just do it right for me (I still need to try the HP2's damn it).

I only keep the HD650 and K701 for the times when I feel like I'm in a mood for something else..

Aug 19, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #38 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RS-1s....I love their sound.

~Thomas

+1 on the RS-1s.

Aug 19, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #39 of 47
Probably MS1 and 770pro.

Aug 19, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #41 of 47
For me it's the Grado. I've yet to hear Ultrasones or the new Shure sets, but the others I've tried just haven't been as enjoyable as my Grados. When I tried the cheap set of Stax (SRS 2050 II) I was hugely impressed, it was better than my 325i, but it wasn't a sound that grabbed me in the same way.

I respect the sound that comes out of the Senns. I just don't care about it.

The Grados are a bit over priced as has been mentioned (especially in the UK), but to me the other headphones at similar money just don't make me enjoy my music as much. That said I am seriously looking to get some new 'phones to compliment my Grados now that they've become my primary source of music. The forward sound can get to be too much sometimes.

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #44 of 47
the daily war in my mind...

Ego: resist, resist Jade's siren call, resist...

but inevitably, the sublime submission

...and 6 hours later -

Id: just one more...

finis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back