Grado's and Classical Music?
Mar 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #16 of 16
Well, as for the recordings I will be listening to...they should be pretty good. Got Beethoven: 5th and 7th Symphonies done by the Vienna Orchestra, supposedly a great version, though I've heard that it can be pretty bright sounding (as all the recordings at the Vienna Music hall seem to be, so I've heard lol) and the grados might make it worse. Anyways, I was curious and a little worried at first but it seems to me that since I haven't really had the experience of other headphones I really shouldn't hear a difference and just enjoy the music
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, I am getting A Love Supreme & Kind of Blue, both essential jazz CD's. Hopefully they will sound adequate as well. These I've heard each before (mp3's) on my old crappy Headphones/Headset, so if anything my SR60i should make them sound awesome haha.

And speaking of upgraditis, as most do once they receive a new set of "good" phones, I do think I will be looking towards a mellower sound next go round. Granted the grados are great, but way to forward for me. I have been listening to them at low volumes, since anything past 2 or 3 on my computer just hurt. Either way probably will look into a HD600/650 set up with some warm tube amplification, course the DAC is going to be a problem, will want to purchase that first haha.

Anyways, thanks again for all your feed back.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back