Grado Wireless Series
Jul 13, 2018 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 163

Desi

Member of the Trade: EposLab
image.jpeg
Today i found this from the Japanese Distributor..
It seems to be a Bluetooth headphone,..

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 163
Today i found this from the Japanese Distributor..
It seems to be a Bluetooth headphone,..

Well that's interesting...I know there was mention once by young Jonathan that though a closed-back was unlikely, a bluetooth can might be in the works...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/18/16904558/grado-wireless-headphones-2018

What interests me more is the design changes. Grado seldom, if ever, veers too far from its traditional look. The logo on the button is a strong departure, as is the printed as opposed to embossed text around the perimeter...

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 163
Since it's Grado I bet the bluetooth system is built inside a stiff two meter rubber hose that is not detachable.

LOL...their cabling has gotten impossible since the e series. Older models, from the mid nineties and earlier have better cabling at sane weights and in quality sheathings that didn’t link and bend...

To be fair this isn’t their first wireless rodeo...they made something called the FreeSystems LE a while ago.

Jul 17, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #7 of 163
The FS was wireless only with the connection between the source and the amplifier. The headphones then they were connected through the cable.

True. Its a tricky way to define wireless isn't it? I always felt like the thing looked like it belonged in a Dr Who episode, but then....what Grado product doesn't? :D

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #9 of 163
Its called Grado GW100 and support bluetooth connection!

Wow...

@devouringone3 would be most interested in the design changes implemented with these...
  1. The padded headband is reminiscent of the the cheap cans modders have been pulling headbands from for a while (link). These are super-comfortable, but quality can be iffy. You have to be careful who you source them from.
  2. The gimbals only cover 180 degrees now instead of about 225 degrees.
  3. The rodblocks have a piece jutting out for the rod to pass through instead of a hole through the rodblock.
  4. The cups...well...there seems to be a lot going on there.
    1. They remind me of Headphile's woody upgrades for Grados. The outer cup appears to go all the way to the pad lip instead of stopping short.
    2. The logo on the grills has been redesigned - no model number, just a (new) Grado logo.
    3. The font on the writing is different, and looks like its printed, not embossed.
The only thing that looks standard Grado is the driver face and the foam pads.

I'd be interested to know how they sound, do some pad rolling, check out the chambers behind the drivers to see how much the BT system intrudes into it (if it does), and yes, I am indeed interested in seeing if I can woody a pair...:D

@7keys

Jul 20, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #11 of 163
I really hope they fix the comfort issue, love the Grado!

Looks like they might not have. All the complaints about comfort I hear are based on the pads and the fact that Grados are supra-aural...a modder can fix that for you though. Some have figured out how to use Beyerdynamic pads for starters, which helps a lot.

Jul 24, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #12 of 163
They look geeky AF, but there not being a lot of open-back Bluetooth headphones (and that's understandable, certainly), and given that I know like the Grado sound, these are a must-buy for me.

Jul 25, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #14 of 163
What are the guesses on MSRP? $299 or less? More?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back