Grado Warm Up time
Feb 24, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by asebastian0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, with flat pads on my RS-1 it takes about 3-20 minutes for the foam to mold to my ears (depending upon when I last used them.).

Good point. I never considered the pads. With the bowl pads, they also seem compress a little after intially putting them on. This could "warm" up the sound a little by placing the drivers a little closer to the ears and making a beter seal aound the outer ears.

However, I still think changes are mostly due to perceptual adaption.
icon10.gif

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could try leaving your system on all the time when you are not listening to it, with the cans still plugged in. If you still notice a change, then it's definately due to your perceptions rather than a "warming up" effect.
wink.gif

Good suggestion and easy to test thanks. In fact I will leave some music playing!

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperjacket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good suggestion and easy to test thanks. In fact I will leave some music playing!

are you using the bowl pads? if so have you washed them? I found they mold quicker with a good washing and drying. Just a thought.

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperjacket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have just picked up a very nice set of used Grado 225s and notice that they take about 5 minutes or so to warm up and sing. Do other cans do this?

its probably all the other gear in your line warming up is what you hear..even a solid state crap home receiver will have its warm up time.

is the gear powered up rite before or long before you listen to your grados..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back