Grado updates and info
Feb 22, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #91 of 128
Don't hate me, I've heard them but I don't own a pair yet. So I'm as tantalized as you are that they are now available. I may be even more tortured since I know how great they sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #92 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't hate me, I've heard them but I don't own a pair yet. So I'm as tantalized as you are that they are now available. I may be even more tortured since I know how great they sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, no doubt. Maybe these phones are 4 years of college plus 2 years of job (grad school between?) ahead of me. So I might have a longer period of tantalization...

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #95 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought the SR225 six hours ago. The good news... they are signed by Joseph Grado. I guess thats not the same as John Grado... I'm still pretty satisfied.

Please post a pic
smily_headphones1.gif

Did anybody notice that SR80i drivers now went through the same de-stressing process as old SR125 and better models? the original SR80 drivers didn't go through the same processing.

from Grado website :

"Built on the same features as theSR60i, but SR80i utilizes a 4 conductor connecting cable and the diaphragms are put through a special 'de-stressing' process in order to enhance inner detail, the result of which gives a more open stage."

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #96 of 128
Hey guys I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the change in colour on the 325is! It is now brushed silver instead of Gold! They look way better. Should have taken a pic sorry. They look like the HPs alot now so better looking indeed.

I took my black 325s and plugged them in along side them and preferred mine. But to each their own i guess. Another thing I noticed was the cable was bigger and the bowls were more comfortable.

As far as sound goes I believe these new silver 325is are less harsh than the gold 325is (going from memory) but not as warm as the blacks old school.

Unfortunately it was hard to gauge them completely because of background noise and questionable HP out of CD player (all be it a high end CDP).

Feb 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #97 of 128
Curious as to whether the SR225i would still hold the title of "best buy" after all these changes..

They use comfies up to the SR125i's, though.
Weird, that.

Feb 22, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #98 of 128
I....want...those.... PS1000's!!!!!!!!
as excited some where about the HD800, this is gonna be MY baby for sure!!!

Feb 22, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #99 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol $75 box for a $70 headphone?

why not? i don't have a grado(yet) and i'm seriously considering the box
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #101 of 128
Damn.... my already "vintage" grado sr225 are only 1.5 months old, and they have already released a new version...

Would be good to read more than one review on the differences. If it is worth it I might get back to the shop and ask them if I could change the old one for the new one...
smily_headphones1.gif

I could also keep it and sell it in the feature as the vintage grado sr225s...

Hate this hobby...
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #102 of 128
I just bought the old sr80

How much better are the new phones compared to the old "vintage" ones ???

(aesthetically i like the old design better.....)

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #105 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado Wooden boxes, $75 from their website. Not sure if there are boxes for other models.

woodenbox3.png

Anyone know how to purchase one of these wooden boxes...I went to the gradolab site but I missed it.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back