Grado streetphones-Is today the day?
Apr 23, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #16 of 28
Never wait for technology - it doesn't wait for you!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
I dont wanna sidetrack from this forum, but from appearance vista isnt much improvement, but its entire structure has been changed from win32. Vista is NOT xp with better graphics. You need to understand its system structure to know how well it is built to protect your computer like never before.

Concept does not mean proper execution. This system is basically a reworking of Server 2003 code base. WinFS is not included and the security you indicate is a nice big FU to the consumer known as DRM.

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

I dont wanna sidetrack from this forum, but from appearance vista isnt much improvement, but its entire structure has been changed from win32. Vista is NOT xp with better graphics. You need to understand its system structure to know how well it is built to protect your computer like never before.

Yah, I know. I really liked NOT having to reboot after installing my graphics card drivers. That's a nice feature right there.

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #22 of 28
Digital Rights Manangment, currently, is mostly encounter on optical media when one tries to rip it or heck...just play it in a ROM device.

However, the love that is Vista will enjoy a nice kernel embedded DRM system along with the expected Intel onboard chip that will work with the kernel. If you try to run software that isn't properly licensed or the system doesn't think it is...whoops! YOU CAN'T RUN IT!!!

At first glance that seems like well...fine right? If you don't own the software you shouldn't be able to run it. Yes, I agree, but what happens when you do own it but the famous MS reliability kicks in and for whatever reason the system balks at your attempts to install and use legitimate software? What happens when it decides to refuse OSS because it may be a security hazard? What happens the they take control out of your hands and isolate it in their own?

Welcome to OS operating systems folks...the way of the future, well the only free future...free as fair use, not as in beer, though that too applies
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

You want protection? DONT use windows.

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
I assume the Grado Streetstyles will be out by at the least of next winter.
rolleyes.gif

And even if it never comes out... Eh. No one's loss.

Wow, aren't you a cheery fellow. It would be my loss at least, as I am looking forward to them, not to mention holding off on getting my KSC 35's recabled until I hear the streetstyles.

Apr 24, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Recable those KSC's.Why wait i say.

Spoken like a true head-fier! "Sorry about your wallet
biggrin.gif
"

Apr 24, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #28 of 28
Thanks for the DRM rundown.At least with xp I know what I have but sounds like Vista could really cause havoc.No more copying friends cds or sharing games.I fear the bugs in the first few months will be a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back