Grado streetphones-Is today the day?
Apr 22, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
Wasting your time how?

Indeed. What is that supposed to me? Is someone holding out buying something else in hopes the Grados are released? John has been very firm on the notion that unless they meet his standards, they don't go into production. He had high hopes they would be revealed today, if all went well, then they will be, otherwise...they will be soon enough. It's not like this is vaporware. He has the prototypes completed, the machining ready to go, it was the design team that was holding up production. If, in the last few months, the design was finalized, the sound was not compromised, I'm sure he went to production.

Apr 23, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Is someone holding out buying something else in hopes the Grados are released?

Yes! I am!

I'd have a pair of PX100s by now, but I've been waiting for the Streetstyles to come out so I can see a couple of reviews before deciding.

I am getting impatient, though...

Apr 23, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattg3
Has anyone seen these at the phone show today.If they dont show up there i feel were wasting our time.

youre joking .. .right?

Apr 23, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 28
Not actually joking but perhaps the wrong phrasing.Im ready for new phone experience and i dont want it to be held up like two other electronic promises that have been delayed,the SED panel and The Vista operating system but thats for another forum.

Apr 23, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Not actually joking but perhaps the wrong phrasing.Im ready for new phone experience and i dont want it to be held up like two other electronic promises that have been delayed,the SED panel and The Vista operating system but thats for another forum.

If you want something nice, just BUY IT. Unless something better is coming soon and has a set in stone date. Other wise you will never buy anything and always be waiting for the next big thing.

Apr 23, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

The Vista operating system but thats for another forum.

I'm a beta tester for Vista. You're not missing much.

Apr 23, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
I'm a beta tester for Vista. You're not missing much.

Yeah, it's true. Vista Beta isn't too impressive. Some nice improvements, but there should be more.

Apr 23, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #11 of 28
Nope; no rush.

Worth doin', right? Worth doin' right.

My Grandkids need(well, would Like)new 'phones for their PCDPs, and, hey, the older the kids are when they get them, the better chance they have of the cans surviving the weekend.

Apr 23, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #12 of 28
Nope, not released at the show today. 12 pairs of Grado streetstyles were given away in today's raffle, but it was a "fill out this certificate, get a pair once they're ready" affair. I can't see how that would construe a "they were wasting our time" scenario, though
rolleyes.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #13 of 28
Well if you went to the show to see the Grado streetphones I cant imagine you would be too happy but after seeing those new grado monsters here Im now focused on what they must sound like and how comfy they look.

Apr 23, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Yeah, it's true. Vista Beta isn't too impressive. Some nice improvements, but there should be more.

I dont wanna sidetrack from this forum, but from appearance vista isnt much improvement, but its entire structure has been changed from win32. Vista is NOT xp with better graphics. You need to understand its system structure to know how well it is built to protect your computer like never before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back