Grado "Street Style"?
Nov 13, 2005 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Ant1

Head-Fier
I am thinking about getting some quality in-ears for my iPod photo. I was thinking about the Shure E2Cs in the "lower" budget, or the Super-fi 5Pros a bit higher-up. Basically, I just want to get a pair of portable earphones - preferably in-ear - that will give me a warm sound, smooth highs and mids, and great bass.
Now, I heard a lot about Grado headphones on this forum, and I appreciate the enthusiasm that it generates . I do not want to consider at this stage the "normal" Grado range though, since I'm looking specifically at something for the iPod, to be worn in public.
So what about the new "street style" advertised on Grado's website? Anyone knows anything about them? I presume they are not in-ear, which *might* be ok if the sound quality is that much better than in-ears. Any rumours about the design, or the reason why they're called "street style"? In other words, what's the vibe about them? Price? Release date?

Thanks,

A.
rs1smile.gif

Nov 13, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 30
Will the street style from grado follow the design of the sony street style? where the headband travels to the back of the head?

personally i hope the street style from grado is simply a name, and not the actual "style," i'm not a fan of the behind the head type of headphones.

Nov 13, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 30
you are right... poop, oh well, i'd still buy a pair, i can't wait

Nov 13, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #7 of 30
Street syle > No style.

Nov 13, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by MKAL
Are the street styles going to be open or closed?

Being as John, in the above-linked interview, said he wouldn't make a closed headphone for a while, my guess would be open.

Nov 13, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #11 of 30
hmm, i couldn't find any info 'bout the grado street styles... could someone add sum pics or something ?

thank you
lambda.gif

Nov 13, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melik
hmm, i couldn't find any info 'bout the grado street styles... could someone add sum pics or something ?

thank you
lambda.gif

they're not out yet and final specs have not yet been revealed by grado. they were optimistically slated for dec. release but more likely early 2006. i don't think anyone on this forum knows any more than john revealed in his interview.

Nov 13, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #13 of 30
Here's what's on Grado's site, the official word- it's been up for a while!

gradostreet.JPG

Nov 14, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #15 of 30
Sweet, I can finally get my wife something decent to replace her Sony street style headphones...she won't use anything else regardless of sound quality. Maybe they'll be out in time for Valentines day, nothin says I love you like a new set of cans.
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back