GRADO STATEMENT 1000 / GS1000 / First Impressions
May 19, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #16 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by analog'd

The first thing I heard that amazed me, in a soundstage I can only call remarkable, were highs as glorious as the famous Grado mids (topping even the highs from my AKG K1000's)!!! Is such a thing possible? Yup!

My God, your ears must be bleeding! I'm kidding, I'm kidding...
wink.gif

You just laid the gauntlet down that I think a lot of people are going to be wondering about.

AKG K 1000 vs. these is going to be something that comes up a lot in the next few weeks around here, I can guarantee it.

I also can think of a few forumers off the top of my head that are going to be probing you on that point further REAL soon...
wink.gif

Cool threads. Always fun to watch people get their new toys and all that.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #17 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by A.Thorsen
My God, your ears must be bleeding! I'm kidding, I'm kidding...
wink.gif

You just laid the gauntlet down that I think a lot of people are going to be wondering about.

Well, man, I've been listening to mine for a few hours, and I'm not even sure if there's a gauntlet to throw. The headroom charts display a peak I don't hear. These have no more peak than the RS1, possibly even less. And I can't imagine that one will evolve during burn in.

May 19, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #18 of 191
thanks to the mystery "mod" for movin this on over! it's like having big brother watching, but in a GOOD way. now, since "mod" is granting me wishes, I sure could use a new cartridge on my turntable! oh, and world peace too...

May 19, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #19 of 191
Keep impressions coming guys. I probably won't be owning the GS1000 unless they are in the same level as my L3000 and sound much better than the RS-1.

May 19, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #21 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by analog'd
hey dude! I'l go check it out. do you have a pair of the pre-prod ones? whassa nbr on those?

Just looked no #s on my prototype,as only 3 prototypes where built there where no reason to # them.

May 19, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #23 of 191
gonna buy lottery tickets now... hope that i win so that i can get my hands on these GS-1000....

May 19, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #25 of 191
Congratulations to everyone that recieved there GS1ks today. I really envy you guys right now
biggrin.gif
Now for the million dollar question, "Should I sell my RS1 and K701?"
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #26 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
Any impressions on how the GS1000s respond to bass boost?
Thanks

They seem to catch on fire and scream. Real shame, cause I liked them.

May 19, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #27 of 191
Haha the wait it painful... UPS ground from NY to TX will probably take at least 3 days. So the earliest that I could expect them would be Monday, but most likely Tuesday or Wednesday.

May 19, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #28 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst
Haha the wait it painful... UPS ground from NY to TX will probably take at least 3 days. So the earliest that I could expect them would be Monday, but most likely Tuesday or Wednesday.

On UPS' website, there a link to see how long UPS ground shipping will take. Plug in Grado labs zip: 11220 and then yours, along with May 18th as the shipping date, and click: Calculate Time Only

Here the link: http://wwwapps.ups.com/calTimeCost?loc=en_US

I have to wait until next Thurday.
mad.gif

May 19, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #29 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
On UPS' website, there a link to see how long UPS ground shipping will take. Plug in Grado labs zip: 11220 and then yours, along with May 18th as the shipping date, and click: Calculate Time Only

Here the link: http://wwwapps.ups.com/calTimeCost?loc=en_US

I have to wait until next Thurday.
mad.gif

I'm looking at Wednesday... a bit better than Thursday but still seems like an eternity.

EDIT: Where are the PICTURES???!!!???!!!???!!!

PICTURES???!!!???!!!???!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #30 of 191
So many threads, so many posts, so few lucky GS-1000 receivers so far....

But this concern is eating at me. Do the current pictures of the wood do it justice? Is the production wood comparable with the pre-production GS-1000s' wood that those saw in NY or is the photo quality of those seemingly better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back