Grado SR80i issues
Dec 3, 2009 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

phaelenp

New Head-Fier
Ok, so I've had my new pair of Grado SR80i cans for a couple weeks and they sound fantastic. For the first week or so I didn't have any problems. Then suddenly one morning I fired up some music on my laptop and the left channel on the Grados was gone! I haven't been rough on them in the slightest or even taken them anywhere. So, I moved the cables around a bit, especially at the Y and where they connect into the cans themselves, but still no left channel. I pulled the plug out of my laptop and plugged it into my ipod to check another source and got the same result. I twisted the 1/8" plug around between my fingers, plugged it back into the laptop to check again and bam, worked perfect in both channels.

So, I listened for a while and all of a sudden without any warning or even sudden movement the left channel cut out completely again. With a few unpluggings and twistings etc (essentially fiddling) with the plug it worked again. This has now been unpredictably going on for a few days and it's quite annoying. It would be easy for me to say it's a short but when it's working fine, which can be hours and hours on end (seems to to be fine after a "warm up" period of unpredictability), any amount of fiddling with the cable won't affect the left channel.

If anyone has had or heard of this issue with Grados or any other can I would be glad to hear what the issue might be.

I had a pair of Grado SR60s throughout college a few years ago and had such a great experience I've been looking forward to reentering the Grado club. Hopefully someone has an answer...

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 3
We're not tech support. Your headphone is under warranty, so you need to contact Grado. Go on their website, Gradolabs.com and either send them an e-mail or call them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back