Grado sr80i is a good entry headphone and all..
Oct 27, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #91 of 105
Tried to put an end to it? Technically, it's 100% successful if you just stop replying, power-down the 'puter and go listen to some tunes, or something. In case you need an interpreter, I did not bring up anything from an earlier part of the thread, but rather was commenting mainly on your last post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't give a crap what people here think about me.

It's one thing to be independent-minded, but to fly in the face of the majority of your peers with such broad, poorly-thought-out statements is foolhardy, no?

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #92 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried to put an end to it? Technically, it's 100% successful if you just stop replying, power-down the 'puter and go listen to some tunes, or something. In case you need an interpreter, I did not bring up anything from an earlier part of the thread, but rather was commenting mainly on your last post.

So in other words . . . you commented on something you did not have full understanding of? You were not familiar with what was being discussed, but decided to comment anyway?

Besides, are you not in fact continuing it yourself? Could you not have taken your own advice and stepped away rather than posting? Seems kind of hypocritical to me.

Quote:

It's one thing to be independent-minded, but to fly in the face of the majority of your peers with such broad, poorly-thought-out statements is foolhardy, no?

Head-Fi is a forum, and does not necessarily contain my peers unless you only consider a legal sense. I hardly see how it was "poorly thought out", because I could care less what people on the Internet think. After all, respect is earned and not given.

Besides, are you suggesting one conform just for the sake of being liked? I'm pretty sure we're past highschool . . .

Can you provide a good reason as to why I should care if you like me?

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #93 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I could care less what people on the Internet think.

If this is truly the case, what could possibly learn from a forum like Head-fi?

And, as it appears you are into keeping score, the proper term is actually "I could care more". You very well should, but you don't.
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #94 of 105
Quote:

If this is truly the case, what could possibly learn from a forum like Head-fi?

See and hear about new gear, discuss ideologies, and help people that ask for it.

Also, if you allow me to clarify once more . . . it's what they think of me. Someone could absolutely hate me, but if they're onto something I will listen.

Quote:

And, as it appears you are into keeping score, the proper term is actually "I could care more". You very well should, but you don't.
wink.gif

It's actually "I couldn't care less". I'll fix it myself thank you!

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #95 of 105
You will not be able to put to use the information that you "see and hear" on this site if you continue to maintain the opinion that this information is not worth your positive regard. You have now stated twice that there is no way that you could care less about it. Nice attitude. Good luck with that!
atsmile.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #96 of 105
Quote:

You will not be able to put to use the information that you "see and hear" on this site if you continue to maintain the opinion that this information is not worth your positive regard. You have now stated twice that there is no way that you could care less about it. Nice attitude. Good luck with that!
atsmile.gif

Yes, I couldn't care less about their opinion of me.

Why you seem desperate to remove this context is beyond me. I carry little positive regard for opinion. I prefer to learn facts that are more beneficial in practice. Different strokes for different folks though.

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #97 of 105
Alright, let's break this up. Shike has his/her own opinion, so let him. Let's not let this become a flame-war, because frankly, no one will end up winning.

In the future, though, let us all try to not continue a conversation that will clearly result in someone being unhappy. While I don't agree with Shike, I respect his/her opinion, and I demonstrate this by not arguing over HIS opinion, because I clearly can't change his way of thinking to mine. Anyways, it shouldn't matter to us what he thinks. The only thing that matters to us is our own opinion, because at the end of the day, we listen to our headphones alone, away from the outside world. If we enjoy the Grado sound and Shike doesn't, then it doesn't change the fact that we're happy with it.

P.S. So high school is filled with petty and immature people? Well then, I have some real great times to look forward to xP

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #98 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, let's break this up. Shike has his/her own opinion, so let him. Let's not let this become a flame-war, because frankly, no one will end up winning.

In the future, though, let us all try to not continue a conversation that will clearly result in someone being unhappy. While I don't agree with Shike, I respect his/her opinion, and I demonstrate this by not arguing over HIS opinion, because I clearly can't change his way of thinking to mine. Anyways, it shouldn't matter to us what he thinks. The only thing that matters to us is our own opinion, because at the end of the day, we listen to our headphones alone, away from the outside world. If we enjoy the Grado sound and Shike doesn't, then it doesn't change the fact that we're happy with it.

Finally a voice of reason.

Quote:

P.S. So high school is filled with petty and immature people? Well then, I have some real great times to look forward to xP

You have no idea . . . I imagine you'll go bald by the time you get out from pulling your hair out. That's just a guess though
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #99 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Then it appears you write mighty fine for a grade-schooler, Darksyde! I've always supported Head-fi as an all-ages community.
tongue.gif
Seriously, though, I follow what you are saying. Thanks for bringing a good temperament and something positive to the table. On that note: I LOVE GRADOS!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #102 of 105
Ha hah, thank you, both of you!

And I know how you feel, Sampson! Grados will always have a special place in my heart... so let me know when you're getting rid of your HF-2's, and I can throw some low-ball offers your way ;D

Oh, and with my dad's genes, I can expect to go bald any day now xP

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #103 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by adrift /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless all the music you listen to is created synthetically anyways, and then... i suppose it probably doesn't matter
biggrin.gif

In that case searching for a realistic and "natural" can is pointless by default.
atsmile.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #104 of 105
D*mn! And here I was posting interesting philosphical stuff. Calm down people! Stop fighting amongst yourselves and discuss like sennheiser fans, laid back and lazy.
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #105 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by manuvajpai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In that case searching for a realistic and "natural" can is pointless by default.
atsmile.gif

Exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back