Grado SR80i detachable cable and sony cushions? Help!
May 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RyanGregory1118

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've been a fortunate owner of a pair of Grado SR80i's for about 4 month and now I want to mod them! I want to do a recable that can detach from th headphone. I've already quarter modded and removed the membrain in front of the driver as well as poke two holes in the back of the drivers for more bass. Whats all involved in this and whats the best cable to use? I was thinki about using this for the cable http://store.griffintechnology.com/premium- flat-aux-cables. What do you guys think? I also want to ditch the stock pads for some Sony MDR-XB500 leather cushions. Anyone try this yet?

May 27, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #2 of 2
You've already completed a good handful of mods available for the Grado SR80i's. Now, I don't own them, but I do know that they are dual-entry headphones, so you would need to purchase a "Y" cable of sorts... the Griffin cable won't work for these.

I also would recommend sticking with the stock foam-type earpads, and here's why. One thing I've learned from experience is that earpads can dramatically change the sound signature of a headphone. That does not mean than using the XB-500 earpads would make the grado's sound bad, but I wouldn't expect them to sound the same as stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back