grado sr60 vs shure E4, confusion
May 13, 2007 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

qscq

Head-Fier
Could anyone analyze the differences of sr60 and E4 sound? I prefer my E4's for most music, they are nicely flat and non-fatiquing.

But as I listen Eurovision song contest songs "Molitva" and "Fight" the main vocalists sound much more accurate and lively. With E4's the sound is flat flat, the breathing of the singers and air moving, details which I can't clearly describe sound so much more lifelike with sr60.

I understand that IEMs' have their cons, but the price difference is immense between these two. And the sr60 sound so MUCH better with these songs.

I use my meizu m6 as a source.

May 13, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 3
It might be the high-end detail that is missing from the E4s, where the highs are rolled off. And yes, the price difference between the two does have some merit, since E4s isolate tons more than the open-backed SR-60s.

May 13, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 3
don't underestimate the power of preference. the e4s do do things better than the sr60, and vice versa, and both have a sound characteristics that will have fans and haters alike. at the class level of the two cans, i would say that the two should be pretty much on par, with either having the edge over the other depending on genre or preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back