Grado SR60 vs Grado SR80
Jan 7, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #31 of 52
Just found the bowls for $38AUD at Audiophile.
The comphies are the same price for the replacements.

-CaptHowie

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #33 of 52
Where can I get them cheap. Also the weak point of the SR-60's seems to be the cable interconnect as the cable housing twists.

-CaptHowie

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #34 of 52
I've got to say that the headphones are very comfortable, not what I was expecting after reading a huge number of threads on them. If I can get this channel imbalance fixed on my cmoy it should match up pretty well. So does anyone know where I can either get the HD414 or Grado bowl pads cheap in Australia?

-CaptHowie

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #36 of 52
KK, ill have a look around now. Is it a worthwhile upgrade, what differences?

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptHowie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Everyone, I just brought myself a pair of Grado SR-60's. Walked into the shop, had a listen and i find out they only had that pair i tried out left. As they were display models, payed $[secret
smily_headphones1.gif
]AUD for them. How good is that? The sound is warm and contradicting other people, the bass isn't that bad but the treble does need some toning down. So for pads, whats better. The HD414 pads flipped or the Grado bowl pads. I can get the HD414 pads for around $35AUD off Headphonic, but ill have to have a search around for the bowl pads.

-CaptHowie

Headphonic has bowl pads for AUD25.

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #39 of 52
Haven't found the bowl pads on Headphonic yet but I did find the HD414 pads for $12. I'll keep looking for the bowl pads now.

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #42 of 52
And how much better are the bowls compared to the comfies? Do they improve sound quality or bass or anything?

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptHowie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And how much better are the bowls compared to the comfies? Do they improve sound quality or bass or anything?

Comfies ftw. In my opinion, they increased the amount of bass I could hear. I didn't like the bowls--very uncomfortable. Make sure to quarter mod the comfies if you buy them.

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #45 of 52
What does quarter modding them mean? The cables do seem a bit weak and get twisted a lot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back