Grado SR60 right channel cutting out due to wiring at the Y-cable intersection. What to do now?
Aug 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mookid_

New Head-Fier
It's true, my precious Grado SR60s (not SR60i) are having the most frustrating problem. I'm almost positive it's some loose wiring at the Y-cable intersection for the right channel which is causing it to be crackly and occasionally just not there at all. I have the original box with the warranty and the receipt... but the warranty only lasts one year (what the hell is that?) So what is a guy to do now? Tomorrow I might contact the high end store I purchased them from to see if they can do anything, but until then I'll be listening to my Sennheiser HD380s...

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 4
Are you sure there's nothing wind with your headphone jack?

You could just replace the jack, or the headphones cordd on the headphones. You'll need a soldering iron, and some solder.

I would say just to grab the sr80i though.

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 4
It's definitely the cable and not the jack. Although the jack has become a little loose too due to the typical heavy cable sag, but that's a separate issue that isn't even really an issue.

I guess I should also mention that I have no technical experience or supplies and can't do any work on them myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back