Grado SR60 HELP with cables
Oct 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mugiwara-hd428

New Head-Fier
I found some grados in the trash, i thinks its the old ones because its not as thick as the new i series, but the thing is that its missing the plug and i dont know which cable is which:

Theres
2 Blue
1 Red
1 White

Which one is left, right and ground (i suspect that the two blue are ground)... and the plug i got to soder it is the top the right and the bottom left headphone thanks...

I AM A TOTAL NOOB AT THIS...

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 7
You are correct about the two blue wires being ground. Red is the right can and white is the left. On the TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) plug, the center terminal is the Tip or Left and the upper one is the Ring or Right. The ground wires should be soldered to the lowest terminal, the Sleeve. Hope this helps and good luck!

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 7
  You are correct about the two blue wires being ground. Red is the right can and white is the left. On the TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) plug, the center terminal is the Tip or Left and the upper one is the Ring or Right. The ground wires should be soldered to the lowest terminal, the Sleeve. Hope this helps and good luck!

Sorry but this information is half wrong.
Blue is correct, but red and right are the other way round.

White is the right side, Red is the left.

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 7
  That defies convention but you're probably right.

Yup - it absolutely does defy convention... but that's Grado for ya'.
If you want to, you could also very easily swap the cups on the headphone and wire it according to convention - then everyone's happy!

The best part is that if you're ever stuck wondering which colour goes where, just peek through the headphone grills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back