Grado SR325is vs Ultrasone HFI 2400
Jul 22, 2012 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rainostr

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, first of all I've been researching here for the last couple of months on headphones and I need to say that this community absolutely rocks, thank you!

Now, I'm looking for a home use headphone, and I've narrowed down my search to the Grado SR225i/SR325is and the Ultrasone HFI 2400, maybe the Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium as well. I'll be flying to the states in late august so it's my opportunity to upgrade (here in Chile hi end equipment is very over priced). I'm looking for a fun sounding headphone, good imaging and soundstage, don't care if some frequencies are colored, but I do hate when things get muddy and bass steps on everything else. The goal is to get goosebumps from music!

My budget tops at $300, and I was pretty sure on geting the SR325is, coming from the SR80i which I adore, I thought it would be the best option to upgrade that Grado sound. However, I've come across the HFI 2400, which seems a great buy for just $180 on amazon.

What would you guys recommend, to buy the SR325is or get the HFI 2400 and improve my source of audio with the remaining $120? I currently use a Sansa Clip+ with a Fiio E11 and it does the job, will it be enough? I also listen to a lot of music through my ASUS laptop, maybe buy a USB DAC? I'm just getting into all this and any help would be appreciated!

Thank you again!!

Jul 31, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 6
Sorry i couldnt get back to you sooner, any of the smaller SS amps will be fine, fiio portables, E7,E17 and then the E9 is also perfect, but if your source is ok, they dont really ''need' an amp, but they do benefit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back