Grado SR225 vs. SR225i - Initial Impressions
Feb 26, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #18 of 108
thicker cable can only be a good thing - so many irremovable kinks in my sr325i's (gold) it's unbearable...

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #19 of 108
Thanks for the comparisons.

Off topic, does anyone else think that the new display style for thumbnails is awesome? I really like it more than loading a new page.

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #20 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the comparisons.

Off topic, does anyone else think that the new display style for thumbnails is awesome? I really like it more than loading a new page.

This new layout is the best stuff since sliced bread.

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #21 of 108
Both are being compared with Bowl pads (which are not my favorite) and in a variety of configurations (different systems, with & without the splitter). I'll post back after they have at least a full 24 hours on them and I've had more time to listen. Unless there are significant changes I doubt I'll need to burn them in more than 50 hours or so to get a good feel for them.

Glad to be of at least some assistance in this, I know MY curiosity was surely high.

Rich

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #22 of 108
Interesting but i'm still a beliver that old ver are still better
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #23 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so many irremovable kinks in my sr325i's (gold) it's unbearable...

I have to admit that I'm so anal with my Grados that in the time that I have owned them, the cable has never become twisted. I carefully removed the headphones from the box when I got them, and the earcups have never even been swiveled out of their initial position. I always put them on the same way, take them off the same way, and place them inside an enclosed bookshelf taking care to keep the cable as it's supposed to be.

Of the things I've read in this thread, the most important to me so far is the information about the new cable being shorter than the old one. That's not good, as I think the original SR-225 cable is very much the ideal length.

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #24 of 108
Yeah I put rubber bands around the cups, behind the plastic block and over the metal round post. This keeps the cups from spinning and the headband in the tightest position (I have a smallish head). I switch up the band color now and again, right now I'm using green.

Feb 26, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #25 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like the effect of larger cups. Had similar experiences going from 225s to woody deep cup 225s.

So are the cups larger? Internally I mean.
Could we have some pictures illustrating this?

Feb 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #26 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitarist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting but i'm still a beliver that old ver are still better
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

How can you say that when you've never tried them. I picked up a pair of the SR225i yesterday...and wow! While they are incrementally better than my SR225 (just sold), there is a definite improvement in range, fullness and soundstage.

Feb 26, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #27 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can you say that when you've never tried them. I picked up a pair of the SR225i yesterday...and wow! While they are incrementally better than my SR225 (just sold), there is a definite improvement in range, fullness and soundstage.

I think the key part of his statement were his two giant smileys. He is joking around. Most probably because he own SR225s. So no, there is no fact to his statement.

Feb 26, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #28 of 108
edit: SR125 and 225 pictures added now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are the cups larger? Internally I mean.
Could we have some pictures illustrating this?

New:

41e2KVTx5yL._SS500_.jpg

Old These are SR125's, but they had the exact same cup size as the SR225's):

314Z3BSQ8AL._SL500_AA250_.jpg

Feb 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #29 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

More.. More.. Keep the impressions coming..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back