Grado SR225 vs. SR225i - Initial Impressions
Feb 27, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #46 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMan007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh. Were yours marked SR225i on the box or anything or did you get them during the stealth launch transition?

Stealth launch transition I suppose. Based on my limited experience, the box appears to be just like all of the other boxes that I've seen for the SR series. I'll try to put up some pictures.

The reason why I didn't realize earlier that I had the SR225i instead of the SR225 was partly because of the box stating Model SR225, but perhaps more importantly, the order I placed/price paid was for a used pair of SR225 (~ $150 in U.S. dollars with shipping). I was sent a pair of SR225i's instead for some reason, but hey I sure am not complaining.
regular_smile .gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to see a picture of the 225i's on someone's head. You can blur out your face or something haha. I asked in another thread, but I thought I'd ask again...

If the cups are like the 325i's, then they're a little on the big side especially to be wearing outdoors. They look a bit ridiculous since they stick out like big floppy ears hanging on the sides of your head if you know what I mean... I have a feeling this may affect the non-audiophile audience since they look pretty goofy to be wearing on the streets. I know for a fact that people wear them out in public because I've seen at least a few people wearing Grados.

Do you guys know what I'm talking about? I was perfectly fine (style-wise) wearing my sr80's out in public, but the bulkiness (not the gold color) of the sr325i's made me a little self-conscious.

I've attached an extremely blurred picture of me that I had just taken wearing the SR225i's. Sorry about the quality, didn't know how much to compress the pictures to not exceed the size limit. They do stick out a bit from my head but I could not give less of a damn about what other people think of me.

Feb 27, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #47 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6N3es /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've attached an extremely blurred picture of me that I had just taken wearing the SR225i's. Sorry about the quality, didn't know how much to compress the pictures to not exceed the size limit. They do stick out a bit from my head but I could not give less of a damn about what other people think of me.

Interesting. Although they stick out a bit, they don't look as "ridiculous" when the cups are in black compared to metal. Thanks for the picture.

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #48 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. Although they stick out a bit, they don't look as "ridiculous" when the cups are in black compared to metal. Thanks for the picture.

Ouch. Subtle burn
wink.gif
LOL

@OP:
Thank you for the impressions. If anything else comes up, keep us posted
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #49 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol Brighten and I are equipped to do the rs-1 vs rs-1i comparison, we just need time to hammer this out.

Sweeeet. Now - less Head-Fi'ing, more listening/taking notes please!
biggrin.gif

Really looking forward to the comparison.
popcorn.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #50 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6N3es /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason why I didn't realize earlier that I had the SR225i instead of the SR225 was partly because of the box stating Model SR225, but perhaps more importantly, the order I placed/price paid was for a used pair of SR225 (~ $150 in U.S. dollars with shipping). I was sent a pair of SR225i's instead for some reason, but hey I sure am not complaining.
regular_smile .gif

Wow, great deal. Congrats. My box just also said 225 with no indication of the 225i version - of course I ordered a 225i from TTVJ. In fact there were no model numbers listed on the back of the box as is the norm for Grado.

Only problem I've had is fitting the larger cups and *!@#!* thick cable into my carrying bag along with my bundled iPod and amp without putting undo stress on everything. They sound great though!

Mar 1, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #52 of 108
Hi,Rich
How long is the cable of sr225i?(from Y to plug)
i'm interesting.

Mar 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #53 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know what would be nice for you to test? Swap the plastic cups and then listen again!

That would be truly interesting. That way we can see if it's the air chamber/cups which change the sound or if they really "optimized" the diaphragms.

popcorn.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #55 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,Rich
How long is the cable of sr225i?(from Y to plug)
i'm interesting.

headfan,

Sorry for the delay in response, been really busy. My quick measurement tells me it's about 4.5 feet from the bottom of the Y to the end of the jack - give or take a few inches.

Rich

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #56 of 108
Prolly not enough of a change to go from my 80 or 225, to the 80i or 225i.
Wheres the Igradoi ? No new wire and drivers. Meh.

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #57 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Prolly not enough of a change to go from my 80 or 225, to the 80i or 225i.
Wheres the Igradoi ? No new wire and drivers. Meh.

I think they pretty much abandoned that product.

Mar 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #58 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by richsto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
headfan,

Sorry for the delay in response, been really busy. My quick measurement tells me it's about 4.5 feet from the bottom of the Y to the end of the jack - give or take a few inches.

Rich

THX,Rich

Mar 3, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #59 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by sadhanaputra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch. Subtle burn
wink.gif
LOL

@OP:
Thank you for the impressions. If anything else comes up, keep us posted
smily_headphones1.gif

lol. I didn't mean for it to be a burn. I admit that my 325i's look pretty ridiculous on my head.

Anyways... Still waiting for those comparisons.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back