grado sr-60, 80, or aless. ms-1. unamped and with cmoy
Apr 3, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by some1x
I think modded Sennheiser pads make more sense for anything less than SR325. I mean, why spend $35 on one set of pads for a $100 headphone? I doubt you'd hear the difference on the MS1s; the extra comfort of Senn pads is easy to feel tho
wink.gif

dont forget to cut a hole in the middle if you take this path... or even in your soft/comfy pads as well

Apr 3, 2004 at 6:45 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

The MS1s are usually said to be a "more neutral" version of the 80s/125s. Or something like that.

The MS-1 is an entirely different animal

The was much discussion when the headphone was first introduced and compared as to where it fell into place in the grado lineup and the reason it could not be pinned down is because it was not a typical Grado sounding headphone as far as identifiyably a step in the grado line

I got mine early and payed $75 with free shipping and must say the single most cost effective purchase i have ever made

and i use the MS-1 as my main portable headphone but would not be unhappy if i had to use it for all my listening - home/computer/portable/recording monitor

Are there better cans out there ?

Yes ,but the price/performance ratio for me is unbeatable

just my opinion

YMMV

Apr 3, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by some1x
I think modded Sennheiser pads make more sense for anything less than SR325. I mean, why spend $35 on one set of pads for a $100 headphone? I doubt you'd hear the difference on the MS1s; the extra comfort of Senn pads is easy to feel tho
wink.gif

I've got the ms-1 with the Grado Flats from Todd. It very much improved the sound. Well, it took away the slight hint of soundstage, but also took away the ever-so-slightly grating highs. Who gets Grados for their big soundstage anyway?
wink.gif
For mostly unamped portable home use, they're my new groovilizers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
I've got the ms-1 with the Grado Flats from Todd. It very much improved the sound. Well, it took away the slight hint of soundstage, but also took away the ever-so-slightly grating highs. Who gets Grados for their big soundstage anyway?
wink.gif
For mostly unamped portable home use, they're my new groovilizers.
smily_headphones1.gif

what did you switch to the flats from? comfys, bowls, or senns (modded/unmodded?)

i have modded senns which i find much better than comfys and unmodded senns. some weeks ago i was thinking of getting some flats

Apr 4, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #20 of 25
I just got the MS-1 for $99 SHipped, is that good?

Is that better than Grado SR 80 which were $85 (Not including shipping ) .

Apr 4, 2004 at 6:19 AM Post #21 of 25
modded senn pad put on backwards have the best quality ive heard but then i don't own any flat pads. Theres something about creating an airspace between the driver and the ear which really helps the sound.

Apr 4, 2004 at 2:32 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by zoot2boot
modded senn pad put on backwards have the best quality ive heard but then i don't own any flat pads. Theres something about creating an airspace between the driver and the ear which really helps the sound.

like inside out?

Apr 4, 2004 at 2:57 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

I just got the MS-1 for $99 SHipped, is that good?

i think so good cans ,good price

you don't get a whole lot for a C-note anymore , especially headphones

Apr 4, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by pirate
what did you switch to the flats from? comfys, bowls, or senns (modded/unmodded?)

i have modded senns which i find much better than comfys and unmodded senns. some weeks ago i was thinking of getting some flats

It was an upgrade strictly from the comfy pads it came with, like what the sr60/80 comes with. I'm not comparing the flat pads to the modded Senns.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back