Grado SR-325 vs SR-325i
Feb 21, 2008 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Syler

100+ Head-Fier
I own Grado SR-325i and I was wondering how much they improved from SR-325...So I bid on some 325's on ebay just to check that and write small review about it...so just wanted to know if anyone heard both cans and tell me about any difference.

Patrick

Feb 21, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't think there is a difference between the drivers...just the driver housings. I did a lot of research on the 325s vs 325is too, and no one could really tell me if there was a sonic difference.

Feb 21, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 5
hmm, I just buy 325's make review about it and you will know then
biggrin.gif
, depends if anyone is going to bid more then I did...if they do then I may not get them
frown.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 5
Before the SR-325i, a significant number of people felt that the most expensive model wasn't worth the high price compared to the SR-225, and some even preferred the latter, somewhat like many people prefer the Sennheiser HD-600 to the HD-650. To compensate for this, the 325 was improved and re-released as the SR-325i.

Feb 22, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #5 of 5
From "An Interview With John Grado" thread.

Quote:

How about any new modifications to the current line like that of the 325i? The i in the 325i stands for improved and the reason for John revisiting this model was two-fold. The first was because it is the 50th anniversary of Grado Labs and he wanted to do something special this year. The second and far more interesting for us, is that he felt that it was considered the weak link in the line-up. He set out to improve it by upgrading the driver with a newly designed model (perhaps taking from the PS-1 technology? I asked and John was tight lipped about the new design). He also improved the mass distribution as well as decreasing resonance. This made for a whole new sound, much improved over the 325’s in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back