Grado sound. I understand now
Apr 21, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #31 of 35
Why not just be a man and get used to them?
J
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
Yeah I know, I've done that a few months ago and that's how I use them.
What would you recomend to stretch instead of the foam?

I heard people use pantyhose. I don't have anything on mine yet. I feel a little weird going to walmart to get some pantyhose....I might try looking at some fabrics(also going to be weird).
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jl123
I heard people use pantyhose. I don't have anything on mine yet. I feel a little weird going to walmart to get some pantyhose....I might try looking at some fabrics(also going to be weird).
smily_headphones1.gif

Go to Victoria's Secret instead
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #34 of 35
On my SRs I went to RS and bought their $5 replacement "flats" - which fit fine on the Grados. However I just cut the center out and used it to cover the driver, then slipped the bowls over that (which keeps them in place). I didn't notice any sonic change but the cans are much more comfortable for me, I don't get the cheese grater feeling on my ears anymore.

Apr 21, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaughtfried
Even though they really aren't real Grados in a sense, I managed to increase the comfort on my Sr-40s by applying a strip of foam padding across the inside part of the headband. The foam I used came with a desk I bought. It is pretty dense and can came with a sticky adhesive on one side.

I admire your communication and humble nature on your cans there...I used to have the SR-40's and they are awesome for the money..glad to see you upgrading and modding...they must be Grado's if your are modding them to pieces!! They are like transformers that way.
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back