Grado RS2i or Alessandro MS2??
Aug 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Grateful Ed

New Head-Fier
I've been drooling over the Grado RS2is for a while now, and I recently discovered the Alessandro Music Series. The RS2i is a little on the pricey side for me, but from what I've read the Grado 325is would be too bright for my taste. The 225i sounds appealing, but if I'm spending a couple hundred dollars on a pair of headphones I want a real leather headband and some quality materials (not a bunch of plastic). You can see my dilemma here.. That's why I've been thinking about the Alessandro MS2. I've heard the Alessandro MS2 is like the 325is, but with a smoother top end. If that is the case how does it stack up to the RS2i?

I mostly listen to classic rock (CCR, Pink Floyd, The Dead, The Band, Bob Dylan, etc), jazz (mostly Miles Davis and other 50's jazz), and bluegrass.

Thanks for the help!

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Hey Ed, welcome to headfi. 

Personal opinion, the RS2 are more fun and engaging than the MS2, which is more neutral and a smooth sounding headphone. People who don't like the treble on the grado usually go for alessandro.

This is my limited experience, i know other guys have more than me. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply and the welcome to head fi. I read through quite a few forums on here, so I figured it was time to actually join the community. I've never heard a pair of Grados. I'm not particularly a fan of bright sounding audio, but I've heard the RS2i manages to smooth out the top end a bit (most likely due to the wood cups), but still retain the clarity and detail that Grados are known for. I've been leaning toward the RS2i, but saving $200 is also pretty appealing.. The Grados sound appealing because I won't be able to buy an amp for a while and 32ohms will be efficient enough to run straight out of my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back