Grado RS2 vs 325is
Mar 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #16 of 44

Quote:
To the OP...they do have a very generous return policy (30 days) and carry the full range of Grado products from what I can tell so that might be a way for you to go...

[size=medium] Please be advised that there are unauthorized sellers on Amazon, hence any products purchased this way also are not cover under[/size]

[size=medium] our warranty program. We cannot verify the authenticity of Grado products purchased from unauthorized dealers.[/size]

[size=medium] Please contact us for verification of a dealer's status.[/size]

[size=medium] When purchasing a Grado product please keep all receipts, for they will be needed to have warranty service performed.[/size]

[size=medium] We want to be absolutely certain that you have a positive purchasing experience.[/size]

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #18 of 44

I'm talking about buying direct from Amazon.

Quote:

[size=medium] Please be advised that there are unauthorized sellers on Amazon, hence any products purchased this way also are not cover under[/size]

[size=medium] our warranty program. We cannot verify the authenticity of Grado products purchased from unauthorized dealers.[/size]

[size=medium] Please contact us for verification of a dealer's status.[/size]

[size=medium] When purchasing a Grado product please keep all receipts, for they will be needed to have warranty service performed.[/size]

[size=medium] We want to be absolutely certain that you have a positive purchasing experience.[/size]

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #19 of 44

Quote:
Hello everyone, before you say search i want to let you know I searched like crazy for this!
I am new to this forum, my name is Gabe. 
I currently own the grado 325is model. I love them, but i recently found the opportunity to buy the rs2 model. The issue is that its the buttonless one and from what i have gathered searching there are two butonless versions. the rs2 and the rs2i... please let me know if thats true.. if it is true, how can i distinguish the difference between the rs2i and the rs2. 

If it were the case that the headphones are the buttonless rs2 non i (again, if that even exists), would the 325is sound better than the rs2 non i version? 

Thank you for all your help!!

best,
gabe.

The older RS2 has a cable that is skinnier than the i version. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #23 of 44
Rs2s came in, non I buttonless version. They are much much lighter than my 325is. I need to compare them
More but right now each has their own qualities. The 325is is clearer on more metallic sounds and the rs2 is clearer on more acoustic sounds. I need to compare more to see which one I keep!!

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #25 of 44
Rs2s came in, non I buttonless version. They are much much lighter than my 325is. I need to compare them
More but right now each has their own qualities. The 325is is clearer on more metallic sounds and the rs2 is clearer on more acoustic sounds. I need to compare more to see which one I keep!!

Great stuff, thanks!
Keep posting your impressions!

Mar 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #26 of 44

Quote:
This is a very irresponsible comment.

There is already enough heresay and misinformation within forums to confuse the novice, let's be a bit more responsible , eh?

beerchug.gif

i came from a very harsh forum, i can tell which ones to ignore lol

thanks for the welcome!!! 

Quote:

Great stuff, thanks!
Keep posting your impressions!

i am in no way a pro, or anything, so i cant tell you specific names or terminology im sure you guys have. At least I can tell the difference between good audio so i can at least appreciate these cans. I just got back from vacation so ill be able to play with them more this week. :) 

May 31, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #27 of 44

Keep in mind there is a lot of Marketing, as someone mentioned, those models exist from the ninetees, but they want to Keep them selling, so they upgrade the phones minimal to get Attention, it all Comes up to your taste, bright or more smooth, if the latter you can as well think of the Senns 600-650. The RS2i Looks great of course with it´s wooden Cup, but it all Comes to Sound and taste in the end. One Thing I don´t like about some Grado´s that bright sounding is somethimes translated as clarity, in this order you can listen to the senns who have clarity without sounding to bright.

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #29 of 44
My experience of about a month ago,
with the 325i's and RS2i's:

DX50 > O2, Cardas interconnect
FLAC files only

I was surprised that the 325is's were not as bright as 
everyone says they are - they really weren't very bright
at all.

I wonder if this is a consequence of Grado moving to
aluminium cups from the former brass (IIRC).  
Nice solid bass from the 325is's as well, with the
expected transparency.

The high end of the RS2i's was absolutely intoxicating.
Awesomely detailed, open, clear, dimensional.
However, the bass was weak.
Midrange was very good.

After days of listening - how could I do without that
fantastic high end of the RS2i?  But it began to 
dawn on me that the light bass was unacceptable.

The bass on the 325is's, was better, clearly.
Also the entire sound integrated better and more
congruently on the 325is's.  Other than the treble,
IMO the 325is's were (are) better headphones.

Soon thereafter, I parted ways with both of these,
because I'd decided what I would do: the only option
I could think of: buy the RS1i's.  Yep, that $700 bite
is significant, but I'm thrilled with the decision.
I've had the RS1's for about a month, and they're
really terrific.  Those freakishly good highs are
there as in the RS2i's, but the rest of the sound
is also great.  

They've become my go-to headphones except
for outside wear, or if I need to wear closed headphones.

TL;DR: SR325is's over the RS2i's.
           Significantly better: RS1i's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back