Grado RS1i question on wire length??
Dec 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ralfoto

New Head-Fier
Hi
New to the forum and also headphones. I was lucky to get a pair od RS1i for Christmas gift, but I have one question. I notice the left wire from the driver is about 1/2" longer that the right side, is this correct and is there a reason for it???

Any information is welcome, they were purchased from an online dealer so I have nothing to compare too....

Merry Christmas all!!!

Robert

Dec 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hi
New to the forum and also headphones. I was lucky to get a pair od RS1i for Christmas gift, but I have one question. I notice the left wire from the driver is about 1/2" longer that the right side, is this correct and is there a reason for it???

Any information is welcome, they were purchased from an online dealer so I have nothing to compare too....

Merry Christmas all!!!

Robert

The wire's coming out of the headphone's where the driver and cup meet there is only a tie wrap around the wire so you don't pull the wire's off of the driver's if it get's caught or pulled on. They most probably didn't make them equal in lenght and put the tie wrap on.

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 5
I just cheked my PS/HP1000 and my SR80is and they all have a small difference in cable lenght fro the earcups to the ''Y'' juction ,so i guess this is frequent, but hey, this is Grado we're talking about.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 5
Like I stated in my post above, the wires are unequal because of the tie wraps inside the cups, there is some slack inside the cups so you don't pull the wires out of the drivers, the tie wrap gets the tension not the solder joint, they were just put on unequally, my 325's were a little uneven so I just pulled slightly on one wire and pulled it through the tie wrap until they were even. (I am not telling you to do this, use your own discretion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back