Grado RS1e matters (and impressions)
Mar 3, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #211 of 290
  Do you listen to music or do you play pink-noise to burn them in? 

I used to play different Genres on shuffle at low-mid volumes for about 4hrs at a time then let them rest for about 2hrs and repeat up to about 40hrs. Lately though, when I receive a new pair of HP's I've been listening to them through the burn-in period so I can hear the changes they are going through which is pretty exciting/enjoyable.

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #213 of 290
I qued up a long string of albums on Foobar2K and let it run at normal listening volumes for about 24 hours, then gave them 1-2ish hours off, then repeated.  That got me my initail 100 hours, now it's just normal listening.

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #214 of 290
After about 50 hours of burn-in the top end above 4k (ride cymbals, etc...) has opened up nicely in the RS1e. They sound considerably better with the G-cushions. They are not as bright as the GH1's, but really really nice. The mids have cleaned up some, but are not as clear and transparent as the PS1000e's, which have highs and mids that are IMO sublime. The bass below 100hz needs to increase, but it's certainly audible. I used the following tone generator to narrow down the low various frequency range:

http://plasticity.szynalski.com/tone-generator.htm

As always, YMMV

I see no reason to send these back. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #215 of 290
  After about 50 hours of burn-in the top end above 4k (ride cymbals, etc...) has opened up nicely in the RS1e. They sound considerably better with the G-cushions. They are not as bright as the GH1's, but really really nice. The mids have cleaned up some, but are not as clear and transparent as the PS1000e's, which have highs and mids that are IMO sublime. The bass below 100hz needs to increase, but it's certainly audible. I used the following tone generator to narrow down the low various frequency range:

http://plasticity.szynalski.com/tone-generator.htm

As always, YMMV

I see no reason to send these back. 

Good for you. I returned my RS1e with protruding drivers, and i was lucky enough to get a pair of brand new RS1i with discount :D

May 5, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #217 of 290
Having a pleasant musical experience with the 'protruding' RS1e. I had already identified them as useful cans for brightening dull historical recordings, but something made me reach for them as I started to listen to a performance of Mahler 2 with Claudio Abbado - from a 320kps mp3 file, to boot. This is the live DG VPO version (not Chicago, not Lucerne) which got a rather lacklustre response from critics at the time. Well, it sounds terrific on the Frankensteins. A recording which seemed a bit diffuse and lost in the vastness of the hall now sounds excellent. Even the normally rather 2D aspect of the RS1e sound doesn't trouble me on this recording. It's nice when it works.

May 17, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #218 of 290
I have also a pair of RS1e (protruding) since 2 weeks and I am quite happy with the sound at least. They have now between 50 and 100h playtime, 30 by myself. I have seen here in the posts nearly only negative comments on these early RS1e´s. Amictus is the first with a positive comment. Have all others returned their early RS1e´s?
Are there also soundwise different versions around or is it only my personal feeling with these. I had not the chance to here the "final" RS1e so far, but I will for sure do, if I have a chance.

Comfortwise the drivers are really close to the ear, that is not so great but for me not too bad. I will give  the G Pads a try next.

May 17, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #219 of 290
I actually spent a few hours listening to a set of protruding driver RS1e's at my dealers place and I really enjoyed the sound.  His demo set had hundreds of hours on it and they sounded great.  It was the comfort that killed it for me.  So I had him order the non-protruding (brown headband) for me.  I tried the G cush on it for a while but found that it sounded more to my preferences with the L cush, YMMV.

Jul 10, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #220 of 290
Got a Rs1e since a week, is very good with rock as expected. Not easy make it play well, needs a good amp and a very good quality of music source.
I like it only with the S cushion in order to enjoy the best tight bass ever. can listen it for hours without problem and at quite loud volume. Is not a can for symphonic music, the headstage is close (that is what I like), it works well with small group such quartet, e.g. very good with fast string music such some Schubert quartets: strings play in your ears! But I have proper headphones for classical, I love listen rough rock with the Grado.

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #222 of 290
Hello, i have seen same pictures of the rs1e and i have a little doubt about if the drivers are the same. I thought that they have two holes, red Paint back and forward position on the cup. In the pics i can see two holes in the drivers al least.

I have buy recently a egrado and sr80e and the drivers are the same tan i versión with two holes and red Paint back.

Regards

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #223 of 290
  Hello, i have seen same pictures of the rs1e and i have a little doubt about if the drivers are the same. I thought that they have two holes, red Paint back and forward position on the cup. In the pics i can see two holes in the drivers al least.

I have buy recently a egrado and sr80e and the drivers are the same tan i versión with two holes and red Paint back.

Regards

I can't work out what you are saying or if you are asking the community a question. Could you clarify?

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #224 of 290
I would like to know if somebody have the same doubt and check it. I dont try to inconvenience.

Code:
[left]  [/left]

I had read that the drivers was bigger, but the pics  are clear.

About the sr80e, i can ensure that the drivers are the same with two holes.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back