Grado RS1e matters (and impressions)
Apr 5, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #286 of 290
The ADX’s are more dynamic and overall more capable. But the rs1e’s are also very detailed. Aside from their lush yet rich mid-range, my favorite part is their sound stage. It’s surely smaller than that of the ADX’s, but this club-like stage oozes class.
In answer to your comments, i had Rs2e, then bought Rs1e, had with Rotel s/state integrated amplifier ,was underwhelmed.
Then bought Woo Wa7 gen 3 amp, added Genelex gold lion pair tubes , OMG!
that is heaven itself, sold Rs2e ,kept Rs1e divine

Apr 5, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #287 of 290
In answer to your comments, i had Rs2e, then bought Rs1e, had with Rotel s/state integrated amplifier ,was underwhelmed.
Then bought Woo Wa7 gen 3 amp, added Genelex gold lion pair tubes , OMG!
that is heaven itself, sold Rs2e ,kept Rs1e divine
Thanks for sharing, it sounds exciting!
To me, the upper octave of Rs1e tends to be dark in normal cases, thus the underwhelm. However, some tubes or DACs may bring the sparkle back, making them much more lively and detailed then before. This is just my experience, not sure if your experience is something similar.

Sep 26, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #288 of 290
Yeah, they are quite different. I’ve considered to buy a pair of rs2e’s to complement them, but decided not. They are really one-of-a-kind. The more I listened to them, the more I understood on why John Grado took such a departure from the treble-heavy tradition.

Regarding the bass, using these G pads can make them pound, the stage also becomes juicier.

VEVER 2 pcs Replacement Earpads Ear Pads Cushion Foam for Grado GS1000i, GS1000e, GS2000e, PS1000, PS1000e Headphone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VXQNR9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_WRS3Z4N19HNR8KM04D3Z
Coincidentally just ordered a pair of these....

Oct 1, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #289 of 290

Users who are viewing this thread

Back